Have you ever found yourself tongue-tied and momentarily stupefied when a partner asks, “Why do you love me? Give me exact reasons.”
We get it.
It’s not that you don’t love them, but coming up with “the reasons I love you” on the spot can be difficult.
It takes forethought (and a way with words) to express your feelings in a way that mirrors what’s in your heart.
If you find yourself at a loss for words, we’ve compiled this I love you list so you’ll be ready the next time the question lands in your lap.
- What Are The Reasons You Love Someone?
- Other Benefits of Writing Out Your Love Feelings
- The Ultimate 365 Reasons I Love You List
- How To Make a Why I Love You Jar
What Are The Reasons You Love Someone?
Love comes in many shapes and forms. Our love for friends, children, and other family members differs from our love for romantic partners.
What are some reasons we love certain people in our lives?
- They’re kind, generous, lovely people whose existence is a positive force in the world.
- They’re supportive friends who always have our back (even when we’re not fully in the right).
- They make us feel good about ourselves.
- We’re family and therefore have a strong bond.
- They bring out the best in us and vice versa.
- They’re intelligent and thoughtful and never fail to make us smile and laugh.
Do opposites really attract? In some ways, yes. For example, a messy person may fit well with a tidy one.
But in terms of the broad strokes — religious conviction, political leanings, economic standing, lifestyle choices — most people end up partnering with people who match on those lines.
Other Benefits of Writing Out Your Love Feelings
Nobody is 100% certain why, but study after study shows that writing down your feelings and thoughts is excellent for your mental and physical health. Additionally, it:
- Gives clarity to your partner about how you feel about them
- Strengthens your relationship
- Exercises your creative bone
- Forces you to think about the foundation of your relationship, which makes it more meaningful
If you’re looking at your honey and wondering, “What should I write for why I love you?” then use these benefits as guide posts for figuring it out. And if you’re still having trouble, read on.
The Ultimate 365 Reasons I Love You List
We all love to know we’re loved! And if your partner’s “love language” is words of affirmation, then consulting a “Why I Love You” list is a great way to keep your partner’s love tank filled.
So, to that end, we offer you our “365 things I love about you” ideas.
50 Reasons I Love You (for Him)
1. You never tell me my breath stinks in the morning; you just grin and bear it.
2. You always make me feel like I’m the only lady in the room.
3. You’re a wonderful provider who never makes me feel guilty about it.
4. You’re perfect parts tough and sensitive, logical and dreamy.
5. Your respect and affection for the women in your family.
6. You tell the best dad jokes.
7. You always know how to fix my phone and computer.
8 . You prioritize my needs, often ahead of your own.
9. You see my strength as a plus, not a minus.
10. Not only are you a good partner, but you’re a good person.
11. You don’t give a flying fig about how I look; you love me for me.
12. You meant it when you said: “through sickness and health.”
13. You let me sing my songs loudly, even though I have a terrible voice.
14. You’re shockingly handsome. How could I resist!?
15. You never fail to make sure I get home safely.
17. You’re faithful and take our relationship seriously.
18. I know you would never cheat on me.
19. You adore children and want to have them with me.
20. You know exactly how to put me back together after a crash.
21. You make everything smell like man, and I love it.
22. You don’t take me for granted and respect me unconditionally.
23. You proudly introduced me to your family and friends. The thought of “hiding” me never crossed your mind.
24. You’re decisive and responsible.
25. You turn into a giant kid during the holidays and special occasions, and it’s infectious.
26. You come up with the cutest, sweetest nicknames.
27. You never behave in a way that makes me question your loyalty to our family and me.
28. You still buy me stuffed animals after all these years.
29. You tell me everything about what’s happening in your life.
30. You’re my rock-solid anchor — never wavering.
31. You’re thoughtful at planning and meticulous at executing surprises.
32. You’re the perfect amount of jealous, but not in an overbearing, concerning, obnoxious way.
33. You never cross the line into meanness when teasing me.
34. You make my silliest wishes come true.
35. I know I can always count on you to come through.
36. You’re great at handling my mood swings.
38. You’re demonstrably proud to have me by your side, which feels sensational.
39. No matter what, you’re never too tired to cuddle close with me — day, afternoon, or night.
40. You’re not controlling or possessive, and you don’t try to curtail my freedom.
41. You don’t mind one bit that I make more money than you.
42. You spoil me rotten.
43. You remind me every day that I am more than enough.
44. Your family treats me like I am part of the gang.
45. You always consider my opinions and seek them out when making a difficult decision.
46. I don’t need anyone else when you’re around.
47. You’ve never made me cry.
48. You’ve made my fairytale come true.
49. We’re both [insert name of favorite sports team] fans.
50. I don’t need to chase you or win you over. You’re just as into me as I am you, and that feels like home.
52 Reasons I Love You (for Her)
51. You’re beautiful, funny, and wickedly intelligent.
52. You don’t wear makeup.
53. You’re not high maintenance.
54. You’re the girliest girl to ever girl — unapologetically so.
55. You avoid drama like the plague.
56. Your strength, independence, and capacity for grace make you the total package.
57. You’re magical and have a way of making everything around you sparkle a little brighter.
58. You’re so good about making an attempt to participate enthusiastically in the things I love, even though they may not be your favorite.
59. You take my breath away every time I look at you.
60. You’re the perfect mix of modern and traditional.
61. You can out-cook anyone I have ever met. (Please don’t tell my mom.)
62. You’re the smartest person I know or have ever known.
63. You’re elegant and quick-witted, and I’m always proud to have you on my arm.
65. You do everything in your power to make me happy and cheer me up when I’m blue.
66. You trust me enough to consider my opinions about your important decisions.
67. You have never nagged me once.
68. You’re considerate about my past and never use it against me.
69. Our bond is incredibly deep, and I’ve never felt anything like it before.
70. You’re not a pushover, but you’re always willing to compromise.
71. You don’t make me guess where I stand with you.
72. You don’t play games.
73. With me, you never try to hide who you really are.
74. You’re not obsessed with status and material things.
75. What can I say? You’re my missing puzzle piece.
76. You accept me for who I am without reservation or judgment.
77. You’re a hopeless romantic who makes our love story cinematic.
78. You’re incredibly detailed and help me be more responsible.
79. You put up with my carelessness.
80. You offer to do small errands for me, making my life a million times more manageable.
81. You made me forget about all my exes.
82. You rub my feet after a long day.
83. I could never live without you because I now know what it’s like to be with you.
84. You remember everything, which is so thoughtful and helpful.
85. You’re incredibly caring about all living souls.
86. You’re strong and are always ready to help me move mountains if need be.
87. Our hands fit perfectly together.
88. The sound of you quietly breathing while you sleep makes me feel safe.
89. You don’t say things you don’t mean or make promises you don’t keep.
90. It’s intangible. I just know in every cell of my body that you are the woman for me.
91. You’re so positive about us and where we’re headed.
92. You support me in every possible way, even when I don’t believe in myself.
93. You make me a better person.
94. You hold me accountable in the most loving way.
95. You know exactly how to help me escape my demons.
97. You’re the most selfless person I’ve ever encountered.
98. You’re different from everyone I’ve dated before in the best possible way.
99. You’re my biggest fan!
100. You always make time for me.
101. You never tell me what to do or who to be.
102. You’re the best texter and always know what to say.
100 Reasons Why I Love You (Cute)
103. You’re the only person who agreed to a second date!
104. You let me be exactly who I am, faults and all.
105. You make the best scrambled eggs on the planet.
106. You always let me have the last bite.
107. You’re an incredibly good, patient parent…to our pet.
108. You can reach the top shelf in the kitchen.
109. You make my heart skip beats and smile wide.
110. You draw the best baths.
112. You never make me wait when I message you.
113. We love the same music.
114. You trusted me enough to give me the keys to your apartment.
115. You kiss my hands in the sweetest, most old-fashion way.
116. You notice everything about me and everyone else. It’s so handy!
117. You have no problems letting me hog all the blankets.
118. You’re a champ at warming up my side of the bed.
119. You’re a super drinking buddy and always know when we should stop!
120. You appreciate the effort instead of the price tag. I could get you an apple as a present, and you’d be thrilled.
121. Out of all the people in the world, you picked me.
122. You have an incredible ability to listen to me drone on and on and on.
123. You put up with me, even when I’m in a mood.
124. You wear the best cologne/perfume.
125. The wacky look you give me when I make a stupid joke is the absolute best.
126. The way you say my name when I’m “in trouble” makes me smile every time.
127. You’re a big kid with a huge heart.
128. The way you get into sports games is a sight to behold.
129. You have the best reality show commentary.
130. There isn’t a piece of furniture that you cannot put together.
131. I’m so attached to you. I miss you when you’re in the next room.
132. You make me feel like being the nerd I am is the coolest thing in the entire world.
133. You don’t nag me about my gaming.
134. You’re my best friend and lover.
135. You always remember to text me before bed and first thing in the morning.
136. You don’t get embarrassed when I act silly in public.
137. You’re an artist when it comes to taking goofy pics.
138. You always remember the special days and make them special.
139. You give the best gifts.
140. You’re the yang to my yin.
142. You’re always willing to share your desserts with me.
143. Your skin is softer than a newborn’s.
144. Like a loving grannie, you always worry about whether I’m warm enough and have enough to eat.
145. Even when I act stupidly, you don’t yell at me like I’m a child.
146. You understand that everyone is flawed, including us!
147. The little notes you leave me everywhere brighten my days and make my heart smile.
148. Your presence makes me love life more and more.
149. You actually enjoy spending time with me. That’s not a small thing.
150. You always make an effort to see things from my point of view, too.
151. You allow me to grow in the ways I need and don’t rush the process.
152. You always know when I need you to hold my hand.
153. You love to show me off, which boosts my self-esteem.
154. The color of your eyes sends me into a trance.
155. After all these years, you still flirt with me.
156. You keep a picture of me on your phone’s lock screen.
157. You always get me two of my favorite cereal when it’s on sale.
158. You do the food shopping.
159. You take the garbage out, so I don’t have to.
160. You’re always willing to try new things.
161. You’re passionate about seeing the world with me by your side.
162. You give the best back rubs.
163. You always compliment me when you know I have a bad hair day.
164. You want to be around me all the time, even when we’re not doing anything.
165. You’re perfectly passive-aggressive when the situation calls for it.
166. It may be uncouth to say, but you make everyone jealous — and I love it!
167. You’re fierce and chase away my fears when they come around.
168. You broke the barriers around my heart.
169. You never try to tame me.
170. Your love for animals is contagious.
171. You’re into wearing matching outfits.
172. Even though you can’t dance, you always give it a shot.
173. You give the best foot rubs.
174. You’re like a soft, cuddly teddy bear.
175. You’ve struck a perfect balance between independence and togetherness.
176. You only tell your friends and family about the good parts.
177. You don’t talk about me behind my back. Instead, you do the mature thing and bring things up with me when they arise.
178. You make my bedsheets smell fantastic.
179. You’re hysterically funny all the time, especially when we’re in desperate need of a laugh.
180. You come up with the best weekend getaway ideas.
181. You’re an honest-to-goodness mind reader! It’s so handy.
182. You’re my personal massage therapist.
More Related Articles
13 Signs Revealing A Twin Flame Separation Is Almost Over
Dating A Mature Man? 17 Signs He’s Falling In Love With You
17 Under-The-Radar Ways To Nudge A Guy To Ask You Out
183. You’re a tickle monster!
184. You taught me how to meditate, which has made a world of difference.
185. I’m the first person you call when something good or bad happens.
186. You never miss my kickball games and always cheer the loudest.
187. You save me from myself.
188. You’re an undercover extrovert.
189. You still break out the cheesy pickup lines to make me smile.
190. You hold my faith when I lose track of it.
191. Every day is Valentine’s Day with you.
192. You know how to fight fairly.
193. You’re always right. (See what I did there?)
194. You catch me every time I stumble.
195. You’ve never given up on me.
196. You accompany me to heavy metal concerts even though you despise them.
197. We have the deepest conversations.
198. You have the ability to appear interested even when I know you’re bored to death.
199. You’re always on time.
200. Your kisses take me to heaven.
201. You’re everything I always wanted in a partner and more.
202. You let me win at board games and cards.
100 More Reasons Why I Love You (Unique)
203. You accept my family and their considerable faults.
204. You understand who I am and why I need to be that way.
205. Your ability to always see the good in people and situations is inspiring.
206. The way you say my nickname makes me melt every time.
207. You always treat my challenges as if they’re your own and support me every step of the way.
208. You say what you mean and mean what you say.
209. You don’t judge me for the choices I made before I met you.
210. I never want to kiss another set of lips but yours.
211. Even though things are wonderful, I know we still have yet to meet our potential, and that’s exciting.
212. You admire me, which feels wonderful.
213. You’re incredibly romantic.
214. You’re so committed and passionate about our relationship.
215. When I was down and out, you gave me a place to live.
217. You put aside some much quality time to spend with me.
218. You never fail to give me a goodnight kiss.
219. I could not imagine having kids with anybody but you.
220. You’re the family I chose.
221. You still remember the first time we met like it was yesterday.
222. You’re my soulmate.
223. You make the impossible seem within my reach.
224. You make my real life better than my dream one.
225. You’ve alleviated my anxiety and depression, which I didn’t think possible.
226. You don’t make me feel awkward or out of place.
227. You see me as a queen/king.
228. You never get off the phone first.
229. Your heart beats perfectly when it’s next to mine.
230. I trust you to never break my heart unfairly.
231. You inspire me to be 100% faithful.
232. You have a way of adding meaning to each day.
233. We are practically matched and want the same things out of life. It’s so comforting.
234. Neither of us is faultless, but we’re perfect for each other.
235. Even when angry, you’re careful not to hurt my feelings.
236. Every memory with you is worth remembering.
237. You effortlessly handle my anger and sadness.
238. I trust you with my deepest secrets, darkest thoughts, and craziest dreams.
239. You love me for my soul and personality.
240. You have the utmost respect for your parents.
241. The way you declare your love in the cutest ways possible when you’re tipsy is adorable.
242. You have impeccable values.
243. You keep me on the straight and narrow.
244. You’re thoughtful, loving, and caring.
245. You respect privacy.
246. You have a sexy voice.
247. You’re strong when I’m weak.
248. You make me feel special and unique.
249. You’re the kindest person I’ve ever met.
250. You know when to be tough and when to be gentle.
251. You always try hard to understand me.
252. You have never made me question our relationship or your intentions.
253. You have never deceived me.
254. You taught me that true love doesn’t expire.
255. You showed me what true love is all about.
256. You made me regain my faith in people.
257. You respect my boundaries.
258. You give me enough space and time for myself.
259. You inspire me to improve and try my hardest.
260. You taught me to enjoy every breath.
261. Waking up next to you never gets old.
262. You make me feel like I’m the only woman/man in the galaxy.
263. You’re serious about us and this relationship.
264. You stay up all night when I can’t sleep.
265. You never try to tell me what to do, but you’re always there to give me advice when I need it.
266. You turn me on.
267. You’re my best hype man/woman.
268. You love me when I’m at my best and worst.
269. You drive me crazy in a good way.
270. You always forgive me.
271. I’m not myself when you’re not around.
272. You meant it when you said you were in it for the long haul.
273. You’re the most charming individual I’ve ever met.
274. When you’re away, it seems like a part of me is missing.
275. Your friends are now mine as well.
276. You give me your undivided attention, even when things are hectic.
277. You don’t care about my looks or what other people think of them.
278. You make me the happiest person on the planet.
279. You consistently give me the best parts of yourself without expecting anything in return.
280. I always know where I stand with you.
282. You have zero problems owning up to your mistakes.
283. You help pick me up every time I fall.
284. You give me hope even during my darkest hours.
285. You’re ready to fight the system to be with me.
286. You’ve never tried changing me to fit your standards.
287. You always find the right words.
288. You tend to my emotional and mental health.
289. All of my secrets are safe with you.
290. You put great effort into teaching me new and interesting things.
291. You chose me to be the person you’re with every night.
292. You’re brilliant and challenge me intellectually.
293. You accept me for exactly who I am.
294. You’re mature and aren’t afraid to work for what you want.
295. You think of the consequences before acting.
296. You’re the only person I see myself growing old with.
297. You’re an incredible listener.
298. You would never break my heart or soul.
299. You don’t use my vulnerabilities against me.
300. You make me feel like the most attractive person in any room.
301. I’ve changed for the better ever since I’ve been with you.
302. You push me forward and encourage me to reach my dreams.
63 Things I Love About You (Best Qualities)
303. You don’t snore…loudly.
304. Your hearty laugh can shake an entire house.
305. You’re always willing to lend a helping hand.
306. You don’t judge books by their covers — or people.
307. You’re cool as a cucumber in otherwise tense situations, which is exceptionally calming.
308. Even if you’re sleeping, you always manage to cuddle me when I wake up in the middle of the night.
309. You know that age is just a number.
310. You stand up for me.
311. You are you, and there’s nothing better than that.
312. You’re my better half.
313. You don’t make me feel like I am easily replaceable.
314. You’re the best Sunday driver companion.
315. You’re willing to make sacrifices for the betterment of our future.
317. Condescension is not in your vocabulary.
318. You still write me love poems.
319. You prioritize our relationship.
320. I never have to second-guess you because you’re always forthright.
321. You’re strong enough, physically and emotionally, to carry me through life.
322. Spending time with you only makes me want to spend more time with you.
323. We are perfect equals, walking side by side.
324. You know how to make me feel important.
325. You give the best hugs.
326. You keep my secrets.
327. You’re so personable, even around people you don’t necessarily enjoy.
328. You have the best manners.
329. You make the best breakfast in bed.
330. You never get upset when I call you cute nicknames when other people are around.
331. You cook my favorite meals, even when you’re in the mood for something else.
332. You love me even when I cannot find a reason to feel good about myself.
333. Let’s be real; you treat me better than I deserve.
334. You know exactly how to boost my self-confidence.
335. You worked so hard by my side to build our fabulous life.
336. You never take handouts and work incredibly hard.
337. You’re unfailingly loyal.
338. I literally owe you my life.
339. You’re an incredible influence and push me to be the best me I can be.
340. You don’t just talk the talk; you walk the walk.
341. Nobody has ever loved me as sweetly as you.
342. Not only do you take care of me, but you’re incredible with my parents.
343. You make it easy for me to be healthy.
345. You have the most angelic soul I have ever known.
346. I cannot explain it; you feel like home to me.
347. You’re adventurous.
348. You have a way of being firm but gentle with both the kids and me.
349. You’re an amazing parent.
350. You’re quick with a compliment, and they’re always genuine.
351. You have a way of making time stand still.
353. You know my phone number by heart.
354. When I’m nervous, you can immediately calm me down.
355. You don’t give up easily on anything.
356. You never try to be someone or something you’re not.
357. You’re not obnoxious when you’re drunk.
358. You’re super at making up.
359. You’re in no way petty.
360. You still give me butterflies after all these decades.
361. You know how to say, “I’m sorry.”
362. You don’t hold grudges.
363. You always ask about my day and remember all the little things.
364. You don’t lose your temper.
365. You’re unfailingly open, honest, and vulnerable with me.
How To Make a Why I Love You Jar
Are you a crafty person who likes to X-up your decor with thoughtful, homemade touches? Does your partner find it endearing and appreciate your efforts? Then an “I love you” jar may be a bonding detail of your relationship.
Making one is super simple.
- Get a jar with a top. Mason jars work well.
- Write out 365 (or more) reasons why you love your partner. One per piece of paper.
- Fold the pieces of paper and put them all in the jar.
- Every morning, pick one out to share with your partner.
At first explanation, an I Love You jar may sound a bit hokey. But couples who give it a shot rave about how it’s a welcome and positive force in their relationships.
Sure, it takes some prep work to get one going, but it lasts an entire year and could help you and your partner build a stronger, more loving bond.
Love is always welcome, and letting your partner know how you feel about them daily is a great way to keep your bond strong. Don’t be afraid to walk on the cheesier side of the street.
It’s filled with cotton candy, security, stomach butterflies, and everything sweet and good. Who knows, a love jar may prove to be something you will cherish in years to come.
So try casting aside the cynicism and trying on some unapologetic effusiveness. It could bring you great joy. But you won’t know if you don’t try.