You’re working on a message to a sick friend, someone who means so much to you that the words “Get well soon” just don’t say enough.
You want them to know how important they are to you and how ready you are to offer help or comfort.
You want to leave them in no doubt that they’re on your mind.
We’ve been there.
What Can I Say Instead of “Get Well Soon?”
When you can’t see your friend in person, it makes sense to send them something they’d enjoy, preferably with words of your own that express your concern and best hopes for them. And you want a message that goes beyond typical greeting card sentiments.
You know your friend better than we do. But we hope you’ll find some new favorite sentiments to share, whether you’re writing in a card or sending a text to check on them.
61 Get Well Soon Messages for a Friend
Look through the list below and make a note of the messages that stand out for you. Feel free to change the wording however you like to make it more personal.
Get Well Wishes for a Friend
1. I hope you know I’ll be thinking of you and that I’m right here whenever you need me. Call or text me anytime for anything.
2. I miss everything about you. If there’s anything I can do to get you feeling better ASAP, hit me up!
3. I don’t laugh nearly as much when you’re not here. I miss you, and I hope you feel better soon!
4. You have no idea how much I miss you right now! If there’s anything—ANYthing—I can bring you, let me know.
5. You are sorely missed, and we’ll do just about anything to get you back—but not before you feel better.
6. I miss you and hope you’re getting the rest and TLC you need. If not, I’m here.
7. You mean the world to me, and I hate the thought of you being sick! I’m here if you need me.
8. I’d like to bring you something good. Just let me know what day and time are best.
9. The world is a dingier place without you in it. If you’d let me bring you something, all I ask is a thumbs-up text.
10. I miss you! And I’d love to bring you something to help you get better, even if I don’t get to see you in person.
11. I can always count on you to speak up in my defense. So, if you’re sick, I want to be there as often as I can.
12. I want to be there when you’re sick or feeling low. When I can’t, I hope you know you’re constantly on my mind.
13. I’m struggling to get anything done right now. I’m too busy thinking of you and realizing how important you are to me.
14. You’re my best friend, and I want to be there for you—especially when you’re sick—just as you’re always there for me.
15. I’m sending you something I hope you’ll like since I can’t visit you in person. You’re my favorite. Get well soon!
16. Since I can’t visit you, I’ll be reading the book you recommended to me. Even when you’re sick, you give great advice.
17. As soon as you’re well enough to be around other humans, I hope you won’t mind extra hugs from me. I miss everything about you.
18. Wishing you an abundance of good sleep, good food, and good reading material. I can supply that last thing if you’re running short.
19. I hope you’re feeling better when this card reaches you. Also, I’m sending it with something I hope you’ll like.
20. I miss talking to you and hearing you laugh. But save your voice and your energy until you’re feeling like yourself again.
21. The worst part of you being sick is I can’t absorb some of your sickness and draw it out of you to help you feel better.
Funny Get Well Soon Messages for a Friend
22. I’m fasting from humor while you’re gone—which isn’t hard because you took the funny with you. I’ll laugh again when you’re better.
23. I miss you far more than is good for me. People like you shouldn’t be allowed to get sick. Civilization may not survive.
24. I knew you were up for a challenge, but I had a whole list of suggestions for that. Your being sick wasn’t on it. I wish you’d consulted me first.
25. Since I can’t harass you at work for being sick, I’ll be stopping over to bring you something nice. What have you done to me?
26. So, look, no pressure, but I like myself so much less when you’re not around. And I get the feeling I’m not alone in that.
27. I’m not used to being this nice to you, and I don’t know how long I can keep it up. Please, get well soon!
28. Sorry you’re having to waste sick days on actually being ill.
29. I guess germs find you irresistible, too. You charmer!
30. Hey, thanks for getting sick and giving the rest of us a chance to catch up with you. Balance has been restored.
31. You’re making it really hard to make fun of you and not feel bad about it. Buzzkill.
32. Don’t worry about your job. Your work will be waiting for you when you get back — all ten piles of it.
33. When you’re sick, you can’t do coffee runs. And my standards are too high for office coffee. I bet you didn’t think about that before you got sick.
34. You and your body are so in sync! You wanted some time off work, and your body totally delivered on that.
35. So sorry you’re having to eat hospital food, but—let’s be honest—compared to your cooking, it’s a total upgrade.
36. Sorry you’re sick. I might come visit you again because the wifi there is better than it is at my place. Save me a hospital cookie, and I’m there.
37. I had to choose between sending you this get well card and hugging a sick person (i.e., you). So, I added some chocolate. Or I would have if I hadn’t eaten it.
38. Lying in bed while you’re sick gives you a chance to reflect on things—like how great I am—and deep questions like, “Why did he wear the yellow shirt?”
39. I cannot believe you went and got sick without me! I thought we had something.
40. Feel better soon! And I mean that. I also mean it when I yell, “Back away, you filth! Unclean! Unclean!” But I’ve only done that like twice, now.
41. Get well soon! The way you sound right now makes me very uncomfortable.
More Related Articles
Prayer Message for a Sick Friend
42. May your pillow be soft, your food comforting, and your healing quick and thorough.
43. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
44. You’re in my prayers throughout the day, and I can’t wait to bring you something good. Just let me know when.
45. Prayers for you to be surrounded by comfort and showered with gifts, including mine. I hope you’re feeling better soon!
46. Right now, I’m praying you actually slow down enough to get better. You deserve a break.
47. If a prayer sometimes slips out, it’s to ask that you be well and happy. You deserve good health and a beautiful life.
48. I’m praying you’ll feel better soon! The world is better with you in it, and I need you in my life too much.
49. We heard you were sick, so now we’re praying you feel better soon. Also, we put some things together for a care package, which is on its way to you.
50. I pray that your road to recovery is a short one—but that you give yourself all the time you need.
51. The only prayers I want to send for you are tied to something tangible that I hope brings a smile to your face.
52. My first and biggest prayer is that you know how much I love you. Tied with that is my prayer that you feel better soon.
53. If by prayer, you mean thinking of you and wanting good things for you, then I’m praying for you all the time.
54. Prayers come to mind easily when I think of you, because I want you to have all the good things you deserve. Right now, you deserve a chance to rest and heal.
55. I miss you so much that it’s crazy. So, I’ll pray that you can feel a hug from me even if I can’t be there.
56. I don’t usually use the word “pray,” but if prayers bring you comfort while you’re sick, I’ll send out a thousand prayers a day.
57. I’m so sorry you’re sick. I’m sending you something that reminds me of you. And I’m praying that you’ll feel better soon.
58. I can pray for a speedy recovery, and you know I will. I wish I could be there to take care of you.
59. I know you don’t want visitors, but I hope you’ll accept the care package I sent you. I’ll be thinking of you and praying you feel better soon.
60. We send you love and will “pray without ceasing” until you feel like yourself again. We can’t wait to deliver hugs in person.
61. While I’m pretty sure your prayers carry more weight than mine, I’ll send them non-stop if they’ll help you feel better. You mean that much to me.
Now that you’ve looked through all 61 get-well messages for a friend, which ones stood out for you? And who comes to mind as you’re reading them?