Spending a Friday night alone doesn’t have to mean boredom and Netflix.
In fact, flying solo can be an awesome opportunity to indulge in some much-needed “me time”!
Whether you want to dance around your apartment in your PJs, cook that complicated dish you’ve been afraid to try, or just zone out with a glass of wine and face mask, a night alone can be pretty sweet.
This list of fun ideas will help you make the most of your solo Friday in a refreshing and rejuvenating way.
Now go forth and have an amazing time with yourself!
Is It OK to be Alone on a Friday Night?
It’s completely acceptable to spend a Friday night alone!
Despite the societal pressure to be out socializing and partying, the truth is that taking time for yourself is important.
An evening in solitude provides the perfect opportunity to recharge your mental and emotional batteries.
Simply staying home on a Friday can offer many benefits:
- You can do whatever you want without having to accommodate others
- It’s a chance to pamper yourself with a relaxing bath, face mask, etc.
- You can cook yourself a nice meal without having to share or compromise
- No need to make small talk – just enjoy the peace and quiet
- It’s an opportunity to focus on hobbies and passions
- You have the freedom to dance wildly or sing out loud without judgment
- You can use the time for introspection and self-care
The key is to embrace your alone time on a Friday night rather than feel lonely.
Relish the freedom to be 100% you!
Alone on a Friday Night? 53 Ideas to Make the Most of Your Solo Time
Wondering what to do on a Friday night alone when everyone else seems to be out socializing? There’s no need to fret or feel like you’re missing out.
In fact, we’ve compiled a list of 53 fun, entertaining ideas that will make your solo time feel special.
Indulge in some much-needed “me-time” and discover new ways to enjoy your own fabulous company.
1. Pamper Yourself with a DIY Spa Night
Draw yourself a nice hot bath, light some candles, and break out the face masks, exfoliators, and luxurious lotions. Give yourself a thorough pampering while listening to relaxing music. You’ll emerge feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
2. Dance Party for One
Crank up the tunes, dim the lights, and dance around your home like no one’s watching! Shake loose any stress from the week while you get your groove on.
3. Learn that New Recipe You’ve Been Wanting to Try
Use the alone time to finally attempt that complicated recipe you’ve been eyeing. With no distractions, you can focus fully on perfecting a delicious new dish.
4. Rearrange and Redecorate Your Space
Move around furniture, hang new art, and try out that cool lighting you just bought. Changing up your environment can provide a creative mental boost.
5. Go Through Old Photos and Other Memorabilia
Take a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Organize photo albums and review cherished childhood items. Reminiscing can be rewarding.
6. Indulge in Retail Therapy Online
Browse your favorite shopping sites and treat yourself to something special you’ve been wanting – maybe some cute new clothes or that gadget you’ve had your eye on. You deserve it!
7. Do That DIY Project You’ve Been Putting Off
Finally, tackle that DIY project like painting the guest room, hanging new curtains, or building those cool floating shelves. With no disruptions, you can really buckle down and get it done.
8. Make a Vision Board for Goal Setting
Cut out inspiring magazine images and quotes, print out vision board templates, and get creative collaging your dreams and aspirations. Visualizing your goals can motivate you.
9. Have a Spa Night for Yourself
Set the mood with candles and calming music. Give yourself a facial, hair mask, manicure, pedicure – whatever beauty treatments make you feel pampered and relaxed.
10. Catch Up on Reading for Pleasure
Curl up on the couch with a captivating book and get lost in the story. Reading is a great way to unwind and give your mind an escape.
11. Exercise with Online Workout Videos
Sweat away stress and release feel-good endorphins, following along to energetic workout videos in the comfort of home.
12. Learn a New Skill Like Knitting, Coding, or Drawing
Use your alone time constructively by trying something new. Watch tutorial videos and teach yourself a skill you’ve been wanting to develop.
13. Do a Fun Photoshoot of Yourself
Get creative with costumes, props, lighting, and poses for a playful solo photoshoot. You can make it as dramatic or silly as you want.
14. Work on Your Passion Project
Make progress on that novel, screenplay, or other passion project you never have time for. Creative time is fulfilling.
15. Make Desserts and Treat Yourself
Whip up cookies, brownies, cakes – whatever sweet treat you crave. Enjoy the fruits of your baking labor and satisfy your sweet tooth.
16. Have a Sentimental Craft Night
Make personalized gifts like photo books, memory quilts, or jewelry using old fabrics and imagery that have nostalgic meaning. Cherish the memories as you create.
17. Declutter and Organize Your Space
Purge what you don’t need, tidy up, categorize, and bring order to your living space. You’ll feel a sense of accomplishment.
Things to Do Outdoors When You’re Alone on a Friday Night
18. Go on a Long Drive with the Windows Down
Roll down the windows, cue up an energetic playlist, and hit the open road. Driving solo can be liberating.
19. Look for Shooting Stars
Lay out a blanket in an open area and gaze at the night sky. Being surrounded by nature’s beauty and searching for shooting stars is meditative.
20. Take Photos of the City Lights
Wander around downtown and experiment with night photography, capturing city scenes creatively with light trails and reflections.
21. Go on a Walking Tour
Follow a self-guided neighborhood walking tour. Wandering alone allows you to set your own pace.
22. See a Late Movie at the Drive-in
Catch a flick under the stars from the comfort of your car. Drive-ins evoke nostalgia.
23. Go Window Shopping
Stroll interesting areas of town and window shop without buying anything. Looking at storefront displays can spark inspiration.
24. Have a Picnic Under the Moon
Pack a basket and blanket and enjoy an evening picnic in a pretty outdoor spot. Dine al fresco just for you.
25. Visit a Public Garden
Meander through fragrant rose gardens, Japanese gardens, or botanical landscapes alone after dark when they are less crowded.
26. Go Night Swimming
Find a pool open late and swim laps alone under the starry sky. The water will be all yours.
27. Go Sightseeing
Be a tourist in your own town. Visit famous landmarks and snap selfies at night when the crowds thin.
28. Sit by the Ocean, Lake, or River
Find a serene waterside spot. The sound and view of water are soothing.
29. Do Astrophotography
Find a dark sky and practice taking photos of constellations, the Milky Way, and other galactic wonders.
30. Walk a Labyrinth or Maze
Follow the meditative, twisting path alone with your thoughts. Labyrinths represent a journey within.
31. Hike by Moonlight
Explore the beauty of nature under the moon’s glow. A nighttime hike is uniquely peaceful and centering.
32. Ride Your Bike Around Town
Feel the wind against your face during a carefree solo bike ride. Two wheels equal freedom.
33. Hit Up a Late Night Food Truck
Check out night owl food trucks and chat with fellow night owls while enjoying street eats.
34. Go Geocaching
Use GPS to embark on a modern-day treasure hunt. Discovering hidden geocaches is exciting.
Things to Do When Going Out by Yourself on a Friday Night
35. Go to a Book Reading at a Bookstore
Attend an author meet and greet or a reading of a new release. Being surrounded by books is comforting.
36. See a Movie By Yourself
Buy one ticket and enjoy a film with zero distractions. Laugh, cry, and react freely with no judgment.
37. Check Out Live Local Music
Discover new-to-you bands at an intimate venue. Let the music move you.
38. Go Bowling or Play Arcade Games
Bowl strikes and enjoy friendly competition with yourself. Or play vintage arcade and pinball games.
39. Take a Pottery or Art Class
Get your creative juices flowing in a laidback group class environment. Making art is therapeutic.
40. Go to a Comedy Show
Laugh out loud at a small comedy club. Comedy is the best medicine.
41. Eat at the Bar of a Trendy Restaurant
Dine solo at the bar for an immersive culinary experience. Chat with the bartender.
42. Catch an Improv Show
Be thoroughly entertained by a witty improv troupe. Improv tickles your funny bone.
43. See a Late Night Magic Show
Marvel at mystifying magic and illusions in an intimate setting. Feel like a kid again.
44. Check Out a Haunted House
Get spooked and scared at a thrilling haunted house attraction. Your heart will race.
45. Go to a Psychic Reading
Visit a spiritual medium for a reading. Gain insight into yourself.
46. Play Video or Board Games
Play games at a cafe or gaming center. Direct competition with yourself is engaging.
47. Go to Trivia Night
Test your knowledge at a local bar trivia competition. Exercise your brain.
48. Tour a Local Brewery or Winery
Learn about the beer/wine-making process on an educational tour. Enjoy tastings, too.
49. See a Late Night Improv Show
Be thoroughly entertained by a witty improv troupe. Improv tickles your funny bone.
50. Check Out a Funky Thrift Shop
Browse unique vintage clothing and quirky knick-knacks. Thrifting is a treasure hunt.
51. Go to a 24-hour Diner or Cafe
Sip coffee and nibble on comfort food at a cozy all-night eatery. Diners are nostalgic.
52. Visit a History or Science Museum
Roam interactive exhibits to grow your knowledge. Museums are fascinating playgrounds.
53. Go Mall Walking
Get steps in walking the long corridors of the mall at your own pace and window shop simultaneously.
More Related Articles
How to Meet New People When Alone on a Friday Night?
Being alone on a Friday night doesn’t have to equal loneliness. In fact, it can be an opportunity to put yourself out there and make new connections. Stepping outside your comfort zone and engaging with strangers invites positive possibilities into your life. Here are some ideas:
- Attend a networking happy hour – Chat up fellow professionals over drinks. Conversation flows easily in this social setting.
- Go to a class like painting or cooking – Bond with like-minded creatives while acquiring a new skill. Learning together breeds camaraderie.
- Volunteer at a charity event – Help a cause that matters to you while interacting with fellow volunteers. Altruism unites people.
- See live music – Strike up conversation with other music lovers between sets. Shared musical interests bring people together.
- Sign up for a singles mixer – These events specifically facilitate meeting new dating prospects. Take a chance on love.
- Join a local club or sports league – Regular repeated gatherings forge friendships. Choose an activity you enjoy.
- Sit at the community/social table at a cafe or restaurant – Be open to meeting new people in public spaces.
The key is putting yourself out there with an open mind and heart. New connections await!
A Friday night alone doesn’t have to be boring or lonely. In fact, embracing solo time can be liberating. Follow these abundant ideas to enjoy your own company while also opening yourself up to new experiences and people. At the end of the day, how you spend your time is entirely up to you.