In this age of digital devices, daily demands, and distractions tugging at you from every direction, obtaining inner peace can seem like a pipe dream.
From morning to evening, you can’t help but worry.
Will you be able to get to work on time?
Will your boss finally give you a raise after years of service?
Did you say something to offend your friend, and if so, is that the reason she hasn’t been contacting you in a while?
If you’re reading this, you can set your worries aside for the time being.
Slow down, take a deep breath, and read through these quotes on inner peace by some of the best minds in history to help you find your calm center.
61 Quotes on Inner Peace
1. “Forgiveness equals inner peace – more peaceful people equals more world peace.” — Richard Branson
2. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” — Buddha
3. “Peace of mind comes from knowing that this too shall pass and good progress comes from good habits.” — Brendon Burchard
4. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama
5. “You’re as sick as your secrets, and my whole life was a secret, so it’s just… it’s been really healing, and I’ve found a lot of inner peace by just owning everything and moving forward from there.” — Molly Bloom
6. “If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.” — Johnny Carson
7. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” — Chinese proverb
8. “If you only walk on sunny days, you’ll never reach your destination.” — Paulo Coelho
9. “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.” — Pema Chödrön
10. “Acquire inner peace and a multitude will find their salvation near you.” — Catherine de Hueck Doherty
11. “Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to inner love; it will transform you, it will divinize you, it will immortalize you.” — Sri Chinmoy
12. “Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” — Mike Ditka
13. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” — Wayne W. Dyer
14. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” — Saint Francis de Sales
15. “We are all on a journey to mastering our inner peace.” — Raheem DeVaughn
16. “You do indeed have a past, but not now! And, yes, you have a future, but not now! You can consume your now with thoughts of ‘then’ and ‘maybe,’ but that will keep you from the inner peace you could experience.” — Wayne Dyer
17. “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.” — Albert Einstein
18. “Don’t hope that events will turn out the way you want, welcome events in whichever way they happen: this is the path to peace.” — Epictetus
19. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.” — Linda Evans’
21. “No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it.” — Harry Emerson Fosdick
22. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” — Viktor Frankl
23. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” — Marvin Gay
24. “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
25. “Inner peace is beyond victory or defeat.” — Bhagavad Gita
26. “When you’re in the weeds, all you can see is the process of doing the work. When you take a step back, you can see the purpose.” — Adam Grant
27. “As we all know, there is inner beauty and outer beauty. If we examine inner beauty, to me there is nothing more beautiful than inner peace, in a man or a woman.” — Alice Greczyn
28. “The real battle is within – always in the present moment.” — Stephen Hanselman
29. “Stress is a choice. So is inner peace.” — Lewis Howes
30. “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.” — Gerald Jampolsky
31. “Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.” — Thomas Jefferson
32. “Make your heart a zone of peace.” — Jack Kornfield
33. “This is my secret. I don’t mind what happens.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
34. “He who is contented is rich.” — Lao Tzu
35. “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.” — Christian D. Larson
36. “If anything interferes with my inner peace, I will walk away. Arguments with family members. All that stuff. None of it matters.” — Shirley MacLaine
37. “Remain calm in every situation because peace equals power.” — Joyce Meyer
38. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” — George Michael
39. “I feel like I play better when I’m calm. There is an inner peace I can tap into sometimes during my matches.” — Naomi Osaka
40. “No thought, no mind, no choice — just being silent, rooted in yourself.” — Osho
41. “The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one’s life” — Peace Pilgrim
42. “A rational person can find peace by cultivating indifference to things outside of their control.” — Naval Ravikant
43. “Anyone who enjoys inner peace is no more broken by failure than he is inflated by success.” — Matthieu Ricard
44. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” — Norman Vincent Peale
45. “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” — Sonia Ricotti
46. “Remember the entrance to the sanctuary is inside you.” — Rumi
47. “Inner peace is like a clean and spacious room, empty of unnecessary, old, or broken stuff.” — Remez Sasson.
48. “Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.” — Robert J. Sawyer
49. “I have inner peace; I have accomplished a great deal.” — Neil Sedaka
50. “Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an ‘is,’ it is a ‘becoming.’” — Haile Selassie
51. “No state is so bitter that a calm mind cannot find in it some consolation.” — Seneca
52. “Do your best, and then let life do the rest.” — Robin Sharma
53. “Chaotic people often have chaotic inner lives, and I think they create that. But if you try and have an inner peace and a positive attitude, I think you attract that.” — Imelda Staunton
54. “Slow down. Calm down. Don’t worry. Don’t hurry. Trust the process.” — Alexandra Stoddard
55. “Few things are brought to a successful issue by impetuous desire, but most by calm and prudent forethought.” — Thucydides
56. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” —
57. “Inner peace doesn’t come from getting what we want, but from remembering who we are.” — Marianne Williamson
58. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” — Virginia Woolf
59. “Peace is your basic state of being. It exists prior to worrying thoughts and turbulent emotions. You can access this tranquillity anytime. It is always there in the background. To experience it, withdraw your attention from outward spectacle and rest in your inner stillness.” — The Ancient Sage
60. “When the mind is calm, how quickly, how smoothly, how beautifully you will perceive everything.” — Paramahansa Yogananda
61. “Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.” — Lin Yutang
Have these inner peace quotes given you peace of mind?
Finding inner peace can seem easier on paper than in practice.
If you’re not used to slowing down, it can be jarring to take time out of your busy schedule to relax, reflect and meditate.
It can feel like an uncomfortable, unproductive thing to do.
And yet, paradoxically, it is the act of slowing down that can help you go not just faster, but farther, through life.
Even the best cars can’t fire on all cylinders 24/7.
As Master Oogway in the animated film Kung Fu Panda says: “When your mind is agitated, it is difficult to see. But when you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.”
What’s your answer?