What is a good woman?
The description will differ depending on who you ask, but we think there are qualities that all good women possess.
Integrity. Independence. Confidence. Authenticity. Kindness. Curiosity. Compassion.
The woman in your life may possess all of these, but there’s still a little something these words don’t capture – something that makes her stand out.
We’ve collected a series of quotes about a good woman, and you’re sure to find the perfect words to describe the incredible woman you care about.
Why You Should Read and Share These Quotes about a Good Woman
Think about how you feel immediately after reading a quote you love. It’s a rush — a shot of dopamine. Sometimes, you may even get goosebumps.
So why do we have visceral, physical reactions to quality quotes? In short, it’s because we find them validating as women, and when we feel seen, heard, or understood, the body releases feel-good hormones. It’s a physiological pat on the back.
Since natural mood boosters have numerous health benefits, it follows that reading inspiring quotes:
- Reduces stress levels
- Improves mood
- Decreases symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Lowers blood pressure
So give this gift to yourself or another woman who deserves to know how amazing she is!
How to Use These Qualities of a Good Woman Quotes
How can you use these quotes about good women? Options abound, including:
- Using them as journaling prompts
- Contemplating them in an analytical meditation session
- Using them as “wallpaper” reminders on digital devices
- Making graphics of ones that resonate with you and posting them on social media
- Writing some out in a card and sending them to a friend in need of a pick-me-up
- Sending an email to a friend or family member who needs a reminder about how wonderful they are
- Using them as inspiration for artwork and other creative endeavors
Whatever you do, don’t just read them and move on. With these quotes, you have a font of inspiration at your fingertips, so use them and enjoy them wisely. You’ll be glad you did.
75 Good Woman Quotes to Share with An Amazing Lady
Are you looking for a way to let a unique and sterling woman know what a keeper she is? Writing a note telling her how highly you regard her will mean more than any gift or flowers.
Read through this list of “appreciate a good woman” quotes and craft them into your own words – or just include them as written. Either way, you’ll touch her heart.
1. “Best thing that can happen to a man is a good woman.” — Dean Koontz
2. “A good woman is one who loves passionately, has guts, seriousness and passionate convictions, takes responsibility, and shapes society.” – Betty Friedan
3. “She is more than a good woman and a good person. She is a beautiful soul who carries light in her smile and love in her bones.” -Bhoomika Cs
5. “A good woman inspires a man, a brilliant woman interests him, a beautiful woman fascinates him, but a sympathetic woman gets him.” – Helen Rowland
6. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” — Harold MacMillan
7. “What is better than wisdom? Woman. And what is better than a good woman? Nothing.” — Geoffrey Chaucer
8. “God’s rarest blessing is, after all, a good woman!” — George Meredith
9. “Of all blessings, no gift equals the gentle, trusting love and companionship of a good woman.” – Elbert Hubbard
10. “Never miss out on a good woman that could make your life great just because she’s a little difficult. The good ones are never easy, but worth it.” — Unknown
11. “Once I learned to like me more than others did, then I didn’t have to worry about being the funniest or the most popular or the prettiest. I was the best me and I only ever tried to be that.” — Issa Rae
12. “Cheating on a good woman is like choosing trash over treasure.” — Audrey Hepburn
13. “A man is truly a man when he wins the love of a good woman, earns her respect, and keeps her trust. Until you can do that, you’re not a man.” –Gregory David Roberts
14. “Behind every good man, there’s a good woman reminding you I knew you when you didn’t have nothing.” — Coretta Scott King
16. “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved, women who live bravely, both tender and fierce, women of indomitable will.” — Amy Tenney
17. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
18. “A handsome woman is a jewel; a good woman is a treasure.” — Saadi
19. “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
20. “Marry a good woman, and be happy the rest of your life. Or, marry a bad, and become a good philosopher” — Socrates
21. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” – Melinda Gates
22. “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
23. “It is not the hand that rocks the cradle that rules the world; it is the woman that holds the keys to the kingdom.” ― Shannon L. Alder
24. “A good woman’s arms round a man’s neck is a lifebelt thrown out to him from heaven.” – Jerome K Jerome
25. “A man gains no possession better than a good woman, nothing more horrible than a bad one.” — Simonides of Ceos
26. “Man is at his best when complimented by the influence of a good woman.” — Ezra Taft Benson
28. “I encourage women to step up. Don’t wait for somebody to ask you.” — Reese Witherspoon
29. “Beauty fades and the body becomes old, but nothing can dull the shine of a woman with a good heart.” ― Shannon L. Alder
30. “There are few good women who do not tire of their role.” — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
31. “A good woman is the loveliest flower that blooms under heaven; and we look with love and wonder upon its silent grace, its pure fragrance, its delicate bloom of beauty.” — William Makepeace Thackeray
32. “How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” — Oscar Wilde
33. “There are more good women in the world than there are men worthy of them!” — Margaret Way
34. “And yet women-good women–frightened me because they eventually wanted your soul, and what was left of mine, I wanted to keep.” — Charles Bukowski
35. “Good women are rarely clever and clever women are rarely good.” — Adah Isaacs Menken
36. “Strong women, that’s who I really respect” — Victoria Beckham
37. “A bad man is the sort who weeps every time he speaks of a good woman.” — H. L. Mencken
38. “We frequently find that the influence of good women is underrated. It is an influence that is often subtle but yet has tremendous consequences. One woman can make a great difference for a whole nation.” — James E. Faust
More Related Articles
39. “A good woman is known by what she does; a good man by what he doesn’t.” — Helen Rowland
40. “Fulfillment in life is loving a good woman and killing a bad man.” — Robert A. Heinlein
42. “You cannot become great women if you are not also good women. Great women respond generously to their instincts to do good.” — James E. Faust
43. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” — Emma Watson\
44. “Being a good woman is old-fashioned. This era is about being a sensual feminine woman.” ― Lebo Grand
45. Good women always think it is their fault when someone else is being offensive. Bad women never take the blame for anything.” — Anita Brookner
46. “Honor a good woman because she is virtuous and honorable.” — Delano Johnson
47. “I have thought a sufficient measure of civilization is the influence of good women.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
48. “The path of a good woman is indeed strewn with flowers; but they rise behind her steps, not before them.” — John Ruskin
49. “Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” — Charlotte Whitton
50. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” —Jane Austen
51. “How sweetly sounds the voice of a good woman! It is so seldom heard that, when it speaks,it ravishes all senses.” — Philip Massinger
52. “The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” — Mohadesa Najumi
53. “A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again, and perseveres … no matter what life throws at her.” — Unknown
54. “You are a good woman because you are good for me. But you’re also simply a good woman because of who you are.” – Unknown
55. “I am a bad feminist and a good woman. I am trying to become better in how I think and say and do – without abandoning what makes me human.” — Roxane Gay
56. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and sh*t to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story — I will.” — Amy Schumer
57. “What is civilization? I answer, the power of good women.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” — Margaret Thatcher
59. “She’s a strong cup of black coffee in a world that is drunk on the cheap wine of shallow love.” — Jm Storm
60. “When she laughed she was beautiful, when she cried she was beautiful, but, when she was determined, she was sexy as hell.” — Matt Baker
61. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” — Unknown
62. “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” — G.D Anderson
64. “Some women fear the fire, some simply become it …” — R.H. Sin
65. “And to all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” — Hillary Clinton
66. “To be married to a good woman is to live with tender surprise.” — Norman Mailer
67. “No woman is perfect. A good woman doesn’t need to be perfect. She just needs to be perfectly herself.” – Barrie Davenport
68. “Her damaged petals are what made her more beautiful than all of the other flowers.” — A.J. Lawless
69. “Do not tame the wolf inside you just because you’ve met someone who doesn’t have the courage to handle you.” — Belle Estreller
70. “A truly good woman is one who honors her own needs, so she has the strength to respond to the needs of others.” – Unknown
71. “A good woman is a pleasured treasure.” ― Habeeb Akande
72. “She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city.” ― Roman Payne
73. “Women are never so strong as after their defeat.” ― Alexandre Dumas
74. “In order to be happy you need a good dog, a good woman, and ready money.” — Benjamin Franklin
75. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.” — Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Reading through these quotes about a good woman has likely made you consider all you love about that special lady in your life. Share your feelings with her and inspire her to continue inspiring you.