Welcome to “movie-with-your-boyfriend” headquarters!
If you’re looking for the perfect movie to watch with your perfect guy, you’ve come to the right place.
Savoring a movie together can be an intimate, entertaining, and enlightening experience for couples.
Imagine snuggling on the couch, a bowl of popcorn in hand, while you dive into a world of romance, comedy, adventure, or even spine-chilling horror.
We’ve curated a list of 35 such cinematic experiences, ranging from timeless classics to modern-day masterpieces, that will not only cater to diverse tastes but also provide the perfect excuse for a cozy date night in.
- 37 of the Best Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
- Good Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
- 1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) – IMDb Rating: 9.3/10
- 2. Forrest Gump (1994) – IMDb Rating: 8.8/10
- 3. The Godfather (1972) – IMDb Rating: 9.2/10
- 4. Inception (2010) – IMDb Rating: 8.8/10
- 5. The Green Mile (1999) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
- 6. The Dark Knight (2008) – IMDb Rating: 9.0/10
- 7. Fight Club (1999) – IMDb Rating: 8.8/10
- 8. The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) – IMDb Rating: 8.0/10
- 9. Schindler’s List (1993) – IMDb Rating: 8.9/10
- 10. Pulp Fiction (1994) – IMDb Rating: 8.9/10
- Romantic and Cute Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
- 11. The Notebook (2004) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
- 12. Pride and Prejudice (2005) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
- 13. Before Sunrise (1995) – IMDb Rating: 8.1/10
- 14. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) – IMDb Rating: 8.3/10
- 15. Titanic (1997) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
- 16. La La Land (2016) – IMDb Rating: 8.0/10
- 17. Casablanca (1942) – IMDb Rating: 8.5/10
- 18. 500 Days of Summer (2009) – IMDb Rating: 7.7/10
- 19. The Princess Bride (1987) – IMDb Rating: 8.1/10
- 20. Amélie (2001) – IMDb Rating: 8.3/10
- 21. When Harry Met Sally (1989) – IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
- 22. About Time (2013) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
- Funny Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
- 23. Superbad (2007) – IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
- 24. The Hangover (2009) – IMDb Rating: 7.7/10
- 25. Step Brothers (2008) – IMDb Rating: 6.9/10
- 26. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) – IMDb Rating: 7.2/10
- 27. Bridesmaids (2011) – IMDb Rating: 6.8/10
- 28. Zombieland (2009) – IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
- 29. The Big Lebowski (1998) – IMDb Rating: 8.1/10
- 30. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) – IMDb Rating: 8.2/10
- 31. Office Space (1999) – IMDb Rating: 7.7/10
- 32. Shaun of the Dead (2004) – IMDb Rating: 7.9/10
- 5 Unexpected Best Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
- 33. Spirited Away (2001) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
- 34. Parasite (2019) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
- 35. Interstellar (2014) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
- 36. The Matrix (1999) – IMDb Rating: 8.7/10
- 37. Gladiator (2000) – IMDb Rating: 8.5/10
- What to Do with Your Boyfriend While Watching a Movie
37 of the Best Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
Get ready to delve into a world of entertainment as we present our specially curated list.
We’re covering a multitude of genres, from stirring dramas to light-hearted comedies – there’s a movie here to suit every couple’s taste.
Good Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) – IMDb Rating: 9.3/10
An unforgettable drama of hope and resilience, “The Shawshank Redemption” tells the story of banker Andy Dufresne who, framed for murder, endures a life within the harsh walls of Shawshank State Penitentiary.
As he navigates the brutal realities of prison, Andy forms an unlikely bond with Red, a seasoned lifer, and together they foster a sense of hope and redemption amid the darkness.
2. Forrest Gump (1994) – IMDb Rating: 8.8/10
“Forrest Gump” is a heartwarming tale that takes you through several decades of history through the eyes of Forrest, a man with a low IQ but a heart of gold. The film beautifully juxtaposes the protagonist’s simple interpretations of complex historical events, thereby delivering profound life lessons.
From his childhood love for Jenny to his accidental stumbles into pivotal historical events, Forrest’s life is a testament to the unpredictability and beauty of life.
3. The Godfather (1972) – IMDb Rating: 9.2/10
A cinematic masterpiece, “The Godfather” is a gripping tale of family, power, and crime. It explores the complex dynamics of the Corleone family, one of the most powerful criminal organizations in 1940s New York.
This film delves deep into the intriguing and often bloody world of the mafia.
With compelling performances, particularly from Marlon Brando and Al Pacino,
4. Inception (2010) – IMDb Rating: 8.8/10
Dive into the labyrinth of the subconscious with Christopher Nolan’s mind-bending thriller, “Inception.” The film follows Dom Cobb, an ‘extractor’ who steals secrets from people’s minds while they dream.
However, when tasked with the seemingly impossible job of ‘inception’ – planting an idea instead of stealing it – Cobb and his team embark on a dangerous mission that blurs the lines between dreams and reality.
5. The Green Mile (1999) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
Set in the 1930s, “The Green Mile” is an emotional rollercoaster that explores the lives of death row guards who encounter an inmate with a mysterious and miraculous gift.
This Frank Darabont film, based on Stephen King’s novel, is a mix of magical realism and poignant drama that will leave you reflecting on justice, compassion, and humanity.
6. The Dark Knight (2008) – IMDb Rating: 9.0/10
Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight” redefines the superhero genre with a compelling portrayal of Gotham City’s Caped Crusader. As Batman grapples with his inner demons, he must confront the Joker, a sociopathic criminal mastermind who plunges the city into chaos.
The film is a riveting exploration of justice, heroism, and the thin line between good and evil.
7. Fight Club (1999) – IMDb Rating: 8.8/10
A powerful exploration of disillusionment and personal liberation, “Fight Club” chronicles the life of a white-collar worker who, battling existential crisis, forms an underground fight club with a carefree soap salesman.
Directed by David Fincher, this cult classic delves deep into the psyche of its characters, pushing the boundaries of societal norms and challenging the consumer culture. The ending, packed with an unexpected twist, leaves a lasting impression, making the film an unforgettable journey into the realm of chaos and anarchy.
8. The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) – IMDb Rating: 8.0/10
A touching portrayal of perseverance and fatherly love, “The Pursuit of Happyness” is based on the true story of Chris Gardner. Struggling to make ends meet and care for his young son, Gardner takes an unpaid internship in a competitive stockbroker training program.
Will Smith’s riveting performance captures the hardship and eventual triumph of a man determined to secure a better future for his child.
9. Schindler’s List (1993) – IMDb Rating: 8.9/10
Steven Spielberg’s “Schindler’s List” is a haunting portrayal of the Holocaust. Based on a true story, it follows the life of Oskar Schindler, a German industrialist who saved the lives of more than a thousand Jewish refugees by employing them in his factories.
Shot predominantly in black and white, the film’s poignant narrative and powerful performances deliver a profound depiction of humanity amidst the horrors of war.
10. Pulp Fiction (1994) – IMDb Rating: 8.9/10
Quentin Tarantino’s “Pulp Fiction” is a non-linear masterpiece that intertwines the lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster’s wife, and a pair of diner bandits. The film is known for its eclectic dialogue, ironic mix of humor and violence, and a host of unforgettable characters. It broke the conventions of its time, offering a fresh take on the crime genre.
It’s a rollercoaster of pop culture, stylish storytelling, and provocative themes, guaranteed to give you and your boyfriend much to discuss.
Romantic and Cute Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
11. The Notebook (2004) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
Immerse yourself in the magic of timeless love with “The Notebook,” a deeply touching adaptation of Nicholas Sparks’ novel.
The movie tenderly narrates the poignant love story between Noah and Allie, two young lovers torn apart by social differences but destined to find their way back to each other. With powerful performances by Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, this heartrending tale underscores the power of love, memory, and the ties that bind us, reminding us that true love can transcend life’s toughest challenges.
12. Pride and Prejudice (2005) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
An enchanting adaptation of Jane Austen’s beloved novel, “Pride and Prejudice” whisks viewers away to 19th-century England into the world of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.
Unfolding through wit, lively dialogue, and stunning cinematography, their story of prejudice, pride, misunderstanding, and ultimate love is a captivating journey that delves into the intricate dynamics of courtship and the societal norms of the era.
13. Before Sunrise (1995) – IMDb Rating: 8.1/10
A beautiful testament to chance encounters and the profound connections they can spark, “Before Sunrise” is a captivating cinematic journey through the streets of Vienna.
When American Jesse and French Celine meet on a train, they decide to spend one night exploring Vienna together, leading to deep, soulful conversations, shared dreams, and undeniable chemistry. The simplicity of their meeting, combined with the depth of their connection, paints a nuanced portrait of love that’s as real as it is romantic.
14. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) – IMDb Rating: 8.3/10
Experience the exploration of love and memory with “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” an unconventional romance that navigates the complexity of relationships.
After a painful breakup, Clementine opts to erase all memories of her relationship with Joel. The film unravels in reverse chronology and delves into the heart of what makes love beautiful yet painful, showing how even erased memories leave indelible marks on the heart.
15. Titanic (1997) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
One of the most epic love stories ever depicted on screen, “Titanic” recounts the ill-fated romance between Jack, a young artist, and Rose, a woman engaged to a wealthy but insufferable man.
Their love story, set aboard the doomed luxury liner, is as unforgettable as the historical tragedy itself. This cinematic masterpiece weaves a tale of passion, sacrifice, and class differences that will leave you and your boyfriend reaching for the tissues.
16. La La Land (2016) – IMDb Rating: 8.0/10
“La La Land” is a vivacious homage to classic Hollywood musicals imbued with a modern twist. As aspiring actress Mia and dedicated jazz musician Sebastian navigate the highs and lows of their careers in Los Angeles, they find themselves drawn to each other in a whirlwind romance.
The film, filled with memorable songs and enchanting dance numbers, is a bittersweet exploration of love, dreams, and the paths we choose.
17. Casablanca (1942) – IMDb Rating: 8.5/10
Experience the charm of an old-school romance with “Casablanca,” a classic tale of love and sacrifice set against the backdrop of World War II. Rick, a nightclub owner, encounters his former lover Ilsa, who is now married to a Czech Resistance leader.
Their reunion stirs old feelings and prompts tough decisions, making “Casablanca” an evergreen testament to the enduring power of love.
18. 500 Days of Summer (2009) – IMDb Rating: 7.7/10
An honest, refreshing take on modern love, “500 Days of Summer” intricately maps the euphoric highs and heartbreaking lows of a romantic relationship. It’s narrated from the perspective of Tom, an aspiring architect turned greeting-card writer who falls head over heels for the vivacious Summer.
The film explores themes of love, expectations, and the stinging reality of heartbreak. With its non-linear narrative, charming performances, and indie soundtrack that perfectly encapsulates the mood, this film offers a realistic portrayal of love in the 21st century.
19. The Princess Bride (1987) – IMDb Rating: 8.1/10
A delightful blend of romance, comedy, and adventure, “The Princess Bride” tells the story of Westley’s quest to rescue his true love, Princess Buttercup, from the odious Prince Humperdinck.
With clever dialogue, unforgettable characters, and a heartwarming love story that transcends time and adventure, this movie will make you believe in the power of “true love” and “happily ever afters.”
20. Amélie (2001) – IMDb Rating: 8.3/10
“Amélie” is a whimsical and charming tale set in the picturesque Montmartre district of Paris. The film follows the life of the shy and eccentric waitress, Amélie, who derives pleasure from performing small acts of kindness for others.
When she stumbles upon a box of childhood memorabilia, it leads her on a quest that culminates in her finding love in the most unexpected place.
21. When Harry Met Sally (1989) – IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
Considered one of the finest rom-coms of all time, “When Harry Met Sally” explores the age-old question: can men and women be just friends?
Harry and Sally’s evolving relationship over a decade, filled with witty banter and shared experiences, creates a feel-good film that balances humor with profound observations on love and friendship.
22. About Time (2013) – IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
A heartwarming story that blends romance with a touch of fantasy, “About Time” follows the life of Tim, who inherits the ability to time travel from his father.
As he tries to change his past to improve his future, he learns valuable lessons about life, love, and cherishing each moment. A unique storyline and relatable characters create a film that will resonate with anyone who has ever been in love.
Funny Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
23. Superbad (2007) – IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
Prepare for a night full of belly laughs with “Superbad,” a hilariously relatable coming-of-age comedy. It chronicles the story of two socially awkward high school friends, Seth and Evan, who aim to lose their virginity before heading off to college.
Their quest leads them through a series of wildly comedic misadventures filled with awkward moments, unexpected friendships, and adolescent humor. Perfectly timed jokes and unforgettable characters make this movie a truly entertaining ride.
24. The Hangover (2009) – IMDb Rating: 7.7/10
Join the unforgettable bachelor party gone awry in “The Hangover,” a laugh-out-loud comedy that takes you on a wild ride through Las Vegas. After a night of heavy partying, three groomsmen wake up with no memory of the previous night – a tiger in their hotel room and the groom missing.
The trio’s attempt to retrace their steps and find their friend before his wedding results in a series of hilarious encounters and outrageous situations, ensuring a non-stop comedic experience.
25. Step Brothers (2008) – IMDb Rating: 6.9/10
Unleash your inner child with “Step Brothers,” a comedy featuring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as two immature, grown-up stepbrothers forced to live under the same roof.
Their initial rivalry gradually transforms into a unique friendship as they navigate family dynamics, job interviews, and, of course, the building of the most epic bunk bed. This outrageous comedy pushes the boundaries of absurdity, ensuring continuous laughter.
26. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) – IMDb Rating: 7.2/10
Dive into the world of 70s broadcast news with “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.” This comedy classic follows the titular character, a self-absorbed news anchor, as he navigates the advent of feminism in the workplace.
The film, packed with quotable lines and iconic scenes, showcases Will Ferrell’s comedic prowess, promising countless laughs and unforgettable moments.
27. Bridesmaids (2011) – IMDb Rating: 6.8/10
“Bridesmaids” is a comedy that combines humor and heart in a story about friendship and wedding chaos. The film follows the maid of honor, Annie, as she navigates through the costly, elaborate rituals associated with her best friend’s wedding.
The relatable characters, hilarious situations, and a well-balanced mix of comedy and emotion make “Bridesmaids” a testament to the complexities of friendship in the face of life changes.
28. Zombieland (2009) – IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
For a unique blend of comedy and horror, “Zombieland” is a must-watch. This laugh-out-loud film follows a motley crew of survivors as they navigate a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies.
Despite the bleak circumstances, the film’s clever humor, unexpected “rules” for survival, and memorable cameos provide consistent laughs. “Zombieland” delivers both thrills and guffaws in equal measure with cleverly crafted characters, snappy dialogue, and an unforgettable amusement park showdown,
29. The Big Lebowski (1998) – IMDb Rating: 8.1/10
“The Big Lebowski,” a cult classic from the Coen Brothers, immerses you in the laid-back world of “The Dude,” a slacker who gets drawn into a convoluted kidnapping plot involving a millionaire, a rug, and a lot of White Russians.
There are plenty of unforgettable characters, eccentric humor, and quotable lines in this film, offering a unique blend of comedy, crime, and bowling, ensuring a hilarious viewing experience.
30. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) – IMDb Rating: 8.2/10
Take a comedic journey back in time with “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.” This iconic British comedy parodies the Arthurian legend as King Arthur and his knights embark on a ridiculous quest for the Holy Grail.
Its surreal humor and slapstick comedy have made it a timeless classic that’s guaranteed to elicit laughter.
31. Office Space (1999) – IMDb Rating: 7.7/10
Delve into the mundane world of 9-to-5 jobs with “Office Space,” a satirical comedy about corporate culture. The movie follows a disgruntled employee who starts to see his office life in a new, rebellious light after a hypnosis session gone wrong.
It combines a sharp critique of corporate life, unforgettable characters, and hilarious moments for much-needed comic relief from the rigors of everyday work life.
32. Shaun of the Dead (2004) – IMDb Rating: 7.9/10
Another hilarious blend of horror and comedy, “Shaun of the Dead,” follows the story of Shaun, a man stuck in a rut, who finds himself and his friends battling hordes of zombies in an attempt to save his ex-girlfriend and his mother.
When you combine quirky British humor, an innovative take on the zombie genre, and impressive comedic timing, you have a brilliantly entertaining watch that will keep you laughing despite the zombie apocalypse.
5 Unexpected Best Movies to Watch with Your Boyfriend
33. Spirited Away (2001) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
Experience the magic of “Spirited Away,” a visually stunning animated masterpiece from Studio Ghibli. The film follows a young girl, Chihiro, who gets plunged into a supernatural world where she must fight for her survival and try to return to her parents.
“Spirited Away” is a compelling journey for both animation fans and movie lovers with enchanting visuals and a fascinating exploration of Japanese folklore.
34. Parasite (2019) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
Immerse yourselves in the gripping narrative of “Parasite,” a South Korean masterpiece that won the Palme d’Or at Cannes and four Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
This darkly comedic thriller examines social class and disparity through the story of two families – one wealthy and the other poor – that become strangely intertwined. Stellar performances and meticulous direction make “Parasite” a cinematic experience that is both thrilling and thought-provoking.
35. Interstellar (2014) – IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
Embark on an epic journey across galaxies with “Interstellar,” another masterwork from Christopher Nolan. This sci-fi epic explores humanity’s quest for survival as a group of explorers venture into a wormhole to find a new home for mankind.
You’ll be blown away by the breathtaking visuals and the emotionally charged storyline. The thought-provoking themes about love, time, and human nature offer a cinematic experience that is both intellectually and emotionally stimulating.
36. The Matrix (1999) – IMDb Rating: 8.7/10
Dive into the world of “The Matrix,” a groundbreaking science fiction film that redefined the genre. This mind-bending adventure follows Thomas Anderson, a.k.a Neo, a software developer by day and hacker by night, who discovers the reality he’s been living is a simulated world controlled by sentient machines.
The innovative storytelling, stunning visual effects, and philosophical undertones offer a thrilling cinematic journey that leaves you questioning the nature of reality.
37. Gladiator (2000) – IMDb Rating: 8.5/10
Step into the grand arenas of the Roman Empire with “Gladiator,” an epic historical drama. The film tells the story of Maximus, a Roman General turned slave, who rises through the ranks of the gladiatorial arena to avenge the murders of his family and his Emperor.
Russell Crowe’s powerful performances, combined with the gripping storyline and epic battle sequences, offer a thrilling and emotionally resonant cinematic experience.
More Related Articles
What to Do with Your Boyfriend While Watching a Movie
Whether it’s a romantic comedy, an intense drama, or an action-packed blockbuster, watching a movie together can be the perfect way to bond and create memorable moments. Here are some fun and engaging things you can do while enjoying a movie night with your boyfriend:
- Create a cozy atmosphere: Arrange a blanket fort or a cozy nest of pillows to make the movie experience extra special.
- Whip up some movie snacks: From popcorn to homemade nachos or themed snacks based on the movie, a delicious treat always enhances the viewing experience.
- Play a movie game: For instance, take a shot of juice (or an adult beverage) every time a character says a certain word or phrase.
- Pause for discussions: Engage in lively conversations about the plot or the characters, sharing your perspectives and opinions.
- Reenact your favorite scenes: If you’re both into it, try your hand at some amateur dramatics.
- Cuddle up: Sometimes, the best thing about a movie night is the opportunity to get close and enjoy each other’s company.
Remember, the key is to relax, enjoy the movie, and, most importantly, each other’s company. Movie nights are about building intimacy and creating shared memories, so make it a cherished ritual in your relationship.
So, light the candles, snuggle into the couch, and let the movie marathon begin! These movie selections span various genres and moods, providing endless opportunities for shared laughter, tears, thrills, and conversations. The magic of cinema awaits you and your boyfriend in this special bonding journey. Enjoy!