Oops! You did it again.
You fell in love without expecting to, and now you’re a ball of confusion wrapped in a layer of euphoria.
I mean, seriously, how can you be going about your business one day, and the next, Cupid’s arrow whacks you right in the heart?
You didn’t see that coming.
Maybe you’ve sworn off of falling in love (after a few heartbreaks), and you’ve been keeping your head down.
Or you’ve wondered if you’d ever find someone that gives you that giddy feeling.
Whatever the reason, you’re head over heels and need some validation that you aren’t going crazy or being rash.
Our collection of unexpected love quotes will give you the stamp of approval you’re looking for.
Can You Fall in Love Unexpectedly?
Heck yeah. That’s why you’re here, after all – with all that lovey, googly-eyed anxiety reverberating off of you.
And that’s why so many people have written quotes about falling in love without warning.
In most situations, love grows over time with someone you’re dating. Real and lasting love takes time.
Falling for a friend is often completely unexpected. One day, you realize this person you know so well is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.
Many people (like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle) say they fell in love at first sight, knowing almost instantly that they had found their soulmate.
Chemistry and infatuation are the driving components here, but lasting love can develop from these situations.
55 Unexpected Falling in Love Quotes to Remind You That Love Can Find You
You may not have expected it, but love has landed in your lap with all of its attending emotions and disruptions.
You don’t think you’re ready for it, but now that it’s here, you need to accept it with an open heart and mind.
Read through our list of quotes about unexpected love, and let the words sink into that lovesick head of yours. They will help you accept that your life isn’t always in your complete control – sometimes in the most beautiful ways.
Secret Unexpected Falling in Love Quotes
1. “Art, like love, moves the heart in unexpected directions.” ― Marty Rubin
2. “The process of love sometimes means unexpected detours.” ― Elizabeth Alraune
3. “Love comes to you just at the right time; the time you never thought it would have.” ― Anurag Prakash Ray
4. “I have given up the quest for love. Because hopefully, love will find me one day. Totally unexpected, astonishing and breathtaking.” ―NMC
5. “Sometimes people are afraid of falling in love because it sometimes comes in a way we never expected.” ―Terry Mark
6. “They say the best type of love is unexpected, but they forgot to mention falling in love unexpectedly with someone you can’t have is the most painful.” ―Tilicia Haridat
8. “Love is a very powerful emotion and when a break-up is unexpected, it’s very hard to get over.” ―Leona Lewis
9. “Unrequited affection is very painful for the lover, but it can have unexpected, creative consequences.” ―Damon Galgut
10. “Love comes from the most unexpected places In someone’s eyes you’ve never met. Who wants to get to know you In someone’s smile you can’t forget.” ― Barbara Streisand
11. “Why, darling, I don’t live at all when I’m not with you.” ― Ernest Hemingway
12. “I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.” ― Charles Dickens
13. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” ―Sean
14. “You see, until I met you, I had only ever experienced desire. Love, never.” ― Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
Unexpected Falling in Love with Your Best Friend Quotes
15. “When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure.” ―Alice Hoffman
16. “The thing about love was that it caught you unawares, turned up in the most unexpected places, even when you weren’t looking for it.” ―Sarra Manning
17. “Love can be found in unexpected places. Sometimes we go out searching for what we think we want and we end up with what we’re supposed to have.” ― Kate McGahan
19. “The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.” ― Alfiya Shaliheen
20. “Who would have known that you would be the one for me when we did not even like each other in the first place?” ―Maria Bastida
21. “My love for you is so unexpected, like a feeling you get when you get pricked by something.” ― Unknown
22. “Every true love and friendship is a story of unexpected transformation. If we are the same person before and after we loved, that means we haven’t loved enough.” ―Elif Shafak
23. “She wasn’t exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All she knew for sure was that right here and now, she was falling hard and she could only pray that he was feeling the same way.” ― Nicholas Sparks
24. “Don’t be afraid to show your feelings to the one that you like so much, express your feelings, and maybe they will like you back.” ― Sean Anthony
25. “Sometimes we have to hide our feelings, because the people we have the feelings for, may never understand how much we care about them.” ― Akussung Kenneth Prince
26. “The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity.” ―George Orwell
More Related Articles
Unexpected Falling in Love Quotes for Him
27. “I never knew what love was until you came into my life without any hint, so unexpected.” ―Maria Bastida
28. “Love was destined and would strike as true as unexpected lightning on a clear day or never come at all.” ― Dean Francis Alfar
29. Sometimes the most beautiful thing is precisely the one that comes unexpectedly and unearned, hence something given truly as a present.” ― Anna Freud
31. “I spend most nights at home falling in love with the idea of you.” ― Michael Faudet
32. “Never expected to meet you. When I met you I never expected you to become my everything and more than I could have ever dreamed of.” ―Maria Ana Bulquerin
33. “The beauty of love is that, you can fall into it with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.” ―Ritu Ghatourey
34. “It was an unexpected love story between the two.” ― Marleah Stout
35. “I can’t explain chemistry. I really can’t. I haven’t got a clue what it’s all about. It just happens. It’s like falling in love. You can’t explain why you fall in love or explain why it’s this particular person.” ―Elaine Stritch
36. “Sometimes we find we love things we never thought we wanted. And then we regret that we never wanted them at all. It’s the fear of change, I think, and dread of the unknown.” ― Courtney M. Privett
37. “True love has a habit of coming back, usually in the most unexpected ways.” ― Unknown
38. “You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.” ― Rupi Kaur
You Came Into My Life Unexpectedly Quotes
39. “Love comes from the most unexpected places.” ―Barbra Streisand
41. “You never fall in love by yourself, love captures you. Love comes to you when you don’t need it really, and it comes to an end when you need it the most.” ―Farah Mustafa
42. “Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration.” ― D.H. Lawrence
43. “The best relationships usually begin unexpectedly.” ― Jelly Wong
44. “Falling in love with someone unexpectedly is one of the most beautiful things, you don’t have to force anything because there is already a strong connection.” ―Unknown
45. “The best kind of relationships begin unexpectedly. When you get the astonished feeling & everything happens so suddenly.” ― Unknown
46. “Sometimes the least expected love comes at the right moment, at the time you are ready.” ―Unknown
47. “Love comes from the most unexpected places A love song on the radio You never hear enough of In bars that thrive on loneliness Where people sell their sorrow for your time.” – Kim Carnes
48. “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” – Vladimir Nabokov
49. “You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.” – John Green
50. “You had me at hello.” – Dorothy Boyd
51. “Someday, I know that the right person for me will walk my way and tell me, I love you.” – Unknown
52. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
53. “I have waited for this opportunity for more than half a century, to repeat to you once again my vow of eternal fidelity and everlasting love.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
54. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return.” – Eden Ahbez
55. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
Hang on to these unexpected love quotes, my friend, because you may want to share them with your new lover.
Read them out loud, send them in a text, or write one in a love note to Mr. or Ms. Wonderful.
It may have been unexpected, but your feelings of love are real and powerful. Savor this time – even though it wasn’t in your master plan!