Someone in your family is throwing you shade behind your back, and you feel betrayed.
Why would a family member, someone who is supposed to love you, want to spread unkind gossip about you?
We feel your pain.
Discovering that you’ve been disparaged or dissected is an atrocious feeling.
So we’re here to boost your spirits with a few dozen validation quotes to help you realize they’re the problem, not you.
After all, gossiping about family members behind their backs is just mean.
If you have questions or concerns, be mature and talk it out instead.
You aren’t alone in this toxic situation because you wouldn’t believe the number of “fake family talking behind my back” quotes you can find online.
Others are hurting too.
43 Family Talking Behind My Back Quotes to Validate Your Pain
When someone stabs you emotionally, it’s critical to process the pain, examine how the wound impacted your mental health, and execute a healing plan.
Validation quotes can be an effective palliative tool in these instances.
Using them as mantras and affirmations forges new neural pathways that drown out your inner critic, repair your mental health, and allow you to move on without clinging to grudges that only hurt you in the end.
1. “You don’t turn your back on family, even when they turn their back on you.” — Mario Tomasello
2. “Rumor travels faster, but it don’t stay put as long as truth.” – Will Rogers
3. “Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.” – Joseph Conrad
4. “No one gossips about other people’s secret virtues.” -Bertrand Russell
6. “I never gossip. I observe. And then relay my observations to practically everyone.” – Gail Carriger
7. “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” – Socrates
8. “Word spread because word will spread. Stories and secrets fight, stories win, shed new secrets, which new stories fight, and on.” – China Miéville
9. “People like to talk more than they act. They like to sit there and complain and vent. Somehow they think that changes things when it doesn’t.” -James Patterson
10. “Cautiously avoid speaking of the domestic affairs either of yourself, or of other people. Yours are nothing to them but tedious gossip; and theirs are nothing to you.” – Lord Chesterfield
11. “It’s like abusing a kid that’s been shit on his whole life. I’m not going to add to those bruises.” — Krista Ritchie
12. “I appreciate people who say things to my face and not behind my back, but for all those who talk behind my back, thanks for making me the center of your world.” — Aarti Khurana
13. “The snake will always bite back.” — Jake Roberts
14. “Sometimes the person you would take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” — Tupac
15. “If you’re gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.” — Marilyn Monroe
17. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.” ― Mohit Kaushik
18. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson
19. “Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.” – Unknown
20. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
More Related Articles
21. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward
22. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
23. “True friends are at peace with your dreams even if they disagree with your methods. Their priority is to make sure you know you can count on them.” — Unknown
24. “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” – Aberjhani
25. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
26. “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” ― Germany Kent
28. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
29. “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” – Aberjhani
30. “Time passes and you begin to see people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
31. “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it is the place where we find the deepest heartache.” — Iyanla Vanzant
32. “Family is supposed to help family, not watch them struggle and talk about them.” — Unknown
33. “Not all that glitters is gold when it comes to family members.” – Samuel Zulu
34. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
35. “Fake family members are more dangerous than standing armies.” – Samuel Zulu
36. “It’s so sad that some people can lie to your face as if you are not blood-related.” – Samuel Zulu
37. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” – Genereux Philip
38. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
40. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Chris Jammi
41. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
42. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” – Chinonye J. Chudolue
43. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
We hope you found this collection of talk behind-my-back quotes useful.
While healing from this setback, think about how gossip and rumor-mongering hurt like hell when you’re the target, and let it be a lesson about how you treat other people.
Or, you could adopt Oscar Wilde’s stance and reason that “the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
Take care of yourself. Be well. And always remember that this, too, shall pass.