You’re head over heels in love.
And everyone loves a sincere and meaningful compliment.
Think of how you felt the last time you received one.
Special. Respected. Admired. Irresistible.
You want to make him feel that way, too.
So, look through this list of 115 compliments for men.
You’ll find just the words or the inspiration you need.
- Does a Man Like Compliments?
- How to Compliment a Guy the Right Way
- How do you compliment a guy on his looks?
- How do you compliment a guy sexually?
- How do you compliment a guy over text?
- How do you compliment a guy in one word?
- 115 Compliments for Men
Does a Man Like Compliments?
Your guy may seem cool and confident and never fish for praise, but underneath, he needs to know you appreciate him and like who he is.
He may not ask, “Do these jeans make my butt look big,” but he’ll certainly be thrilled to hear you say, “You look so hot in those jeans.”
Beyond praise of his looks and physique (which are nice but superficial), your recognition of his good character, charm, intelligence, hard work, career success, values, and integrity go a long way in cementing a bond between you.
Try saying things like . . .
- “I really admire the way you spoke to the waiter when he brought out the wrong order.”
- “You are the most hard-working man I know, and you still make time to visit your family.”
- “You always make people feel so comfortable when you speak to them.”
When you compliment your guy on the qualities that mean the most to him, he’ll feel that you really “get” him and understand him on a level that others don’t. And hopefully, you really do.
[Side Note: You might consider the Couples Communication Course. In this online course, learn healthy communication skills and build the intimacy you’ve always wanted in your relationship.]
How to Compliment a Guy the Right Way
Before you dive into our list of compliments, though, we’d like to share some ideas for offering him a compliment in a sincere way. You know the guy in question better than we do, but the following points are worth considering:
How do you compliment a guy on his looks?
Everyone, guys included, likes to hear compliments about how they look. Who wouldn’t want their partner to look at them and say, “Wow, you look great!”
Generally, though, the more specific the compliment, the more significant the impact:
- “Those jeans look fantastic on you!”
- “I love the way that shirt brings out your eyes.”
- “Those glasses frames are perfect for you. Great choice!”
How do you compliment a guy sexually?
If you’re complimenting your guy’s performance in bed, he’ll enjoy it more if you focus on one or more of the following:
- What he did that you particularly enjoyed
- Your inability to stop thinking about your last time together
- How being with him has reinvented sex for you in the best possible way
Don’t lay it on too thick, but let him know he has nothing to worry about.
How do you compliment a guy over text?
Keep in mind a text can be noticed by others, so this may not be the best vehicle for a sex compliment. That said, there’s plenty of room for the kinds of compliments he’ll love to see coming from you. Focus on one of the following:
- His appearance
- His work
- The effort he puts into the relationship
- His character
- His personality
- His heart
- His mind
How do you compliment a guy in one word?
If you could only use one word to compliment the man in your life, the following steps can help you find the best words to use:
- Start with a list of positive words that describe him.
- Highlight those that relate to the qualities in him you most admire.
- If he shows a distinct preference for any, use those more, too.
Stick with what you know to be true about him.
Now that you know how to deliver a compliment your favorite guy will love, go ahead and look through the following list to find at least one great compliment for today.
115 Compliments for Men
Each of the following compliments for men comes with an explanatory follow-up thought. You can either add it to your compliment or use it as inspiration.
Different situations call for different kinds of compliments, so you’ll see these divided into separate categories to help you find the one with the best fit.
Compliments for Him about His Looks
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want their significant other to find them attractive — irresistible, even. You’re not being shallow by complimenting your man’s physical appeal.
There’s a time to focus on the reasons he makes your senses happy.
1. You are so handsome. You can make any outfit look good. And with that smile, it’s hard to care about the clothes, anyway.
2. You have a great sense of style. I like the clothes you wear. Not every guy has a knack for picking out clothes that look great on him.
3. I love to watch you move. But I’d rather be close enough to hold your hand.
4. Just looking at you makes me smile. The sight of you makes everything better.
5. When I look into your eyes, I see intelligence, humor, and kindness. I could look into them all day. But I can think of better things to do when you’re here.
6. You smell fantastic. (This one isn’t about looks, but it does go to physical appeal.)
7. Your smile is my favorite thing. Nothing lights me up inside like seeing you smile.
8. Don’t rush to shave on my account. You’re irresistible with or without facial hair.
9. Whatever you’re doing to look this good, keep it up. It’s working (at least on me).
10. I’m powerless against that smirk of yours. Ties me in knots every time I see it. Never lose the smirk.
11. I love that every time you call, I get to see your face on my phone.
12. You really are adorable. I look at you and just want to hug you.
13. I’m glad you take such good care of your teeth. I love seeing them.
14. I love your feet. Fine with me if you walk around barefoot most of the time.
15. Whatever your hair is doing, it always looks hot. How is that possible?
16. I love watching your mouth. If I don’t always hear what’s coming out of it, be patient. I’ll get there. Eventually.
17. I see how other women are drawn to you. Inside and out, you’re in a league of your own.
Compliments for Men and Their Work and Accomplishments
Show him you’ve noticed and are impressed with what he’s learned and how far he’s come.
1. You did a fantastic job at [latest job well done]. I hope you don’t mind my bragging about you to everyone who will listen.
2. I love watching you work. You just keep getting better at it. And I love the view.
3. You should be proud of what you’ve accomplished this year. (Recount some of his accomplishments and remark on why they matter and how proud you are of him.)
4. I’ve never met anyone as knowledgeable and perceptive about this as you are. If I have any questions, I know whom to ask.
5. You continually impress me. Just when I think I’ve seen you at your best, you find another way to surprise me and make me even prouder.
6. I admire the way you handled that situation. You treated others with respect and took calm, decisive action. You set a good example for others.
7. I love watching the way you treat people. I know I can trust you to treat people with patience, respect, and fairness — however they treat you.
8. I’m in awe of how far you’ve come and how much you’ve grown. You amaze me. Just watching and listening to you makes me want to be better.
9. I’d like to learn more about [something that interests him]. Where should I start?
10. Have I told you lately how much I love it when you cook? And not just because I don’t have to.
11. You’re always learning, and I love that about you. You never get bored of learning new things. I want to learn with you.
12. I’m honestly jealous of the people who get to work with you. Lucky jerks.
13. No one is more trustworthy or competent when it comes to your job.
14. I read everything you write. Everything feels like it was written just for me.
15. You combine intelligence and drive with a strong work ethic. You inspire people around you, including me.
16. When you set your mind on something, you get it done. I admire that.
17. Can you help me fix this? You have a knack for fixing things and making them better.
Compliments for Him and His Personality
Focusing on his personality doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate his other gifts.
But every man wants to know that you see the person behind the pretty face, that you admire his character, and that it’s his personality — not his physical attributes — that you love most.
1. You’re the best listener I know. You listen to understand — not to win an argument.
2. I love listening to your ideas. The way your mind works fascinates me.
3. You’re not afraid to take risks and try new things. I admire your courage and your sense of adventure.
4. You crack me up all the time. I don’t know anyone who makes me laugh as much.
6. Having a good time with you is effortless. No one is more fun than you are.
7. I love talking to you and listening to you talk. You’re the best conversation partner.
8. Life with you is never boring. Whatever you want to do, I’m up for it.
9. You have a knack for saying what I need to hear. I need you around more often.
10. When I beat you at something, you’re the first one to brag to others about it. You’re never a sore loser — or an insufferable winner.
11. When I’m good at something, you never let me forget it. You’re as proud of my gifts as I am of yours.
12. You have never been afraid of losing — just of failing to learn from it. You inspire me to take more risks.
13. I love how much energy you put into lifting people up.
14. I don’t know anyone with a bigger heart or a more beautiful mind.
15. Corny as your jokes are, I can’t help smiling when you tell them.
16. You always try to see the best in people, including me.
17. You’re the best person to have around in a crisis. You help me feel calm when everything turns to chaos.
18. You can take even lame jokes and make them funny. How do you do that?
Love Compliments for Men
These compliments express your love in a variety of ways by showing your man how he, his words, and his behavior make you feel. Because while no one wants to be responsible for making someone happy all the time, how he makes you feel still matters. A lot.
1. I’ve never felt more loved than when I’m with you. You remind me every day.
2. I feel most at home when I’m with you. I feel perfectly comfortable being myself.
3. You make me feel like someone worth standing up for. I feel valued and supported.
4. You make me feel beautiful, even when I’m not at my best. That smile of yours says everything.
5. You make me feel like I can do anything. Your confidence in me has changed my life. Just thinking of you makes me feel braver.
6. I will always choose you. Whatever happens, you’re the one I want by my side.
7. I’m never prouder than when I’m thinking of you. And I’ve never been so grateful for someone’s company.
8. When I’m hurting, there’s no one whose company I’d rather have than yours. You are my greatest comfort.
9. You’re the reason I keep hoping the world can be better. And it is better with you.
10. I can always count on you to see the best in me. I want to see me as you do.
11. You put so much thought into everything you do, as if it were the last thing you could do for someone.
12. I’ve never known someone so relentless. You’re unstoppable.
13. With all we’ve been through together, you keep reminding me how great we have it.
14. Our kids know you’d break the world to be there for them. You’re irreplaceable.
15. I love spending mornings with you. Your smiles and hugs are better than the strongest coffee.
16. I can always count on you to help me put things in perspective. Your insights and compassion have helped me make better choices.
Sexy Compliments for Men
Think of compliments that you’ve received in the past that have erased every mental track but one.
That said, we kept the following compliments clean.
1. You’ve been in my head all day today. People keep asking why I’m smiling so much.
2. I can’t hear your voice without wanting to do things with you. Keep talking.
3. Something about you makes me want to grab hold of you and kiss you. But I don’t, because . . . boundaries.
4. Last night was incredible. I’m having a hard time thinking of anything else.
5. Talk nerdy to me. Your mind is every bit as sexy as the rest of you.
6. You know exactly how to get me in the mood. It’s a gift you should use more often.
7. I never thought I’d enjoy kissing as much as I love kissing you. It’s not weird or pointless at all. I’m into it.
8. You know exactly how I want to be touched — when I want to be touched. Use this power for good.
9. When I hear your voice, my mind goes to some dark places — which reminds me, we should find one of those… like right now.
10. You smell good. I’m gonna need a longer hug.
11. Would you mind wearing this blanket for a day? I want it to smell like you.
12. I have a hard time not staring at you right now. My eyes are getting tired.
13. You are rocking that suit! And I didn’t think you could look any hotter.
Funny Compliments for Men
For the ultimate multi-tasker, pay your guy a compliment while making him laugh (because oh, that laugh!). Try any of the following, and let them inspire you to create your own.
1. You’re like the yoga pants and ice cream of my life. I feel most comfortable when I’m with you.
2. You are such a nerd. I’m into it.
3. My favorite color is… whatever you’re wearing.
4. You may not be perfect, but your weirdness is a good fit for mine.
5. I like you more than Star Wars geeks like to trash-talk the prequel trilogy.
6. You’re like math. Difficult, sometimes, but so worth getting to know.
7. I just want to hang with you and do dumb things together.
8. You can do anything you put your mind to. But I know that look. Maybe hold off a bit.
9. I bet you do crossword puzzles in ink.
10. How are you like strong coffee and soothing tea at the same time?
11. The world is not ready for the kind of chemistry we have. I say we ease ‘em into it with some random, intense PDA.
12. You could totally survive a zombie apocalypse. Even zombies would be like, “He’s too pretty!”
13. If I created a meme with your face on it, I would break the internet. No one should have that kind of power.
14. My plant was near death when I started talking to it about you. My being a lovesick idiot saved a life!
15. Chocolate is awesome, but have you tried looking at you?
16. If this were Neverland, all I’d have to do to fly is think of you. And I’d be flying a lot!
17. Don’t ask me how often I think of you. It’s embarrassing. I may have set a record.
18. Only someone as amazing as you can make terrible dancing look hot.
Sweet Compliments for Guys
These compliments are good for any moment you have together, whatever your mood and inclinations. Share one to let him know you’re still head over heels for him.
1. Every morning I get to wake up to you is a good one. I love this day already.
2. Every time I see you, I want to check my hair and make-up. And with one look, you put me at ease.
3. You’ve always been worth the wait. But waiting has been the hardest thing ever.
4. I’m amazed at what you’ve done with your life so far. You just keep going.
5. Everything you touch, you improve. Is there anything you can’t do?
6. You have so many varied interests. I love hearing about what you’ve been up to.
7. Until you, I’d never met the perfect blend of brilliant, funny, and kind. You’re a miracle.
8. I can be in the darkest mood, and one text from you will crack me up, anyway. Thank you for not letting me brood in peace.
9. Hard as you work, I hardly ever hear you complain — about anything.
10. You inspire me, every day, to take action. I’ve accomplished more since knowing you than I have in all the years before.
11. I trust you, more than anyone else, to be there for me and have my back.
13. Your arms are my favorite place to be, whether we’re resting or doing something else.
14. One look at you, and my mind is flooded with inappropriate thoughts. So, if I look distracted, that’s why.
15. There’s no one I’d rather get lost with than you. Let’s go on a road trip.
16. The only thing better than being friends with you is being more than friends. With you, I get the best of both.
How and when will you use these compliments for men?
Now that you’ve looked over these 115 compliments for men, what kinds of compliments do you think your man needs to hear more of?
Of course, we’re hoping he does return the favor. But more than that, we hope these compliments help deepen your connection and strengthen your relationship.
The benefits are worth plenty of awkward moments.