Oh those lovely little beings . . . grandchildren.
When you had your own children, you wondered if your heart could ever be any fuller with love.
But now your children have kids of their own, and you know a new kind of love that you never anticipated.
It's hard to put into words how wonderful it is to be a grandparent.
What do you say about grandchildren that captures the magic of your special relationship?
Fortunately, we've got you covered with some of the best grandkids quotes you'll ever read.
Here are 37 quotes that reinforce how grandchildren are a blessing that make your life so much richer.
27 Grandchildren Quotes To Remind You How Much You Love Them
1. “I wish I had the energy that my grandchildren have – if only for self- defense.” – Gene Perret
3. “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!” – Hannah Whitall Smith
5. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter – when she won't take her afternoon nap, and when she won't let me take mine.” – Gene Perret
6. “The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” – Dave Barry
7. “A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside. If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,' you're the grandma.” – Teresa Bloomingdale
8. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” – Joyce Allston
9. “Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.” – Lewis Mumford
10. “Grandchildren give us a second chance to do things better because they bring out the best in us.” – Unknown
12. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ‘boo.’ ” – Robert Breault
More Related Articles:
13. “It’s funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you’d do. It’s terrific.” – Mike Krzyzewski
15. “Something magical happens when parents turn into grandparents. Their attitude changes from “money-doesn’t-grow-on-trees” to spending it like it does.” – Paul Linden
17. “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” – Lexie Saige
18. “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts. Clouds nine, ten, and eleven.” – Bryna Nelson Paston
21. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” – Italian proverb
22. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” – Regina Brett
23. “My granddaughter’s birth has made me want to create things she will love.” – Billy Crystal
25. “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” – Andy Rooney
26. “Only through love will we find our way to create a world worthy of our children and our grandchildren.” – Laurence Overmire
27. “A home filled with grandchildren is a home filled with love.” – Unknown
Which of these quotes about grandchildren are your favorite?
You hold a special title in the lives of your children's children — grandparent. And your relationship with your grandkids is one that adds so much joy to all of your lives.
These grandkids sayings should remind you of this unique connection and help tide you over between the cherished visits you have with them.
May all of your interactions, especially those with your grands, bring you the rich rewards you so deserve at this stage of your life.