37 Inspiring Healthy Lifestyle Quotes That Will Motivate You
If you're starting the year with the goal of a more healthy lifestyle, you're not alone.
Eating healthier and getting more exercise are consistently the top goals made by people who have resolutions for the year.
As the saying goes, “Health is wealth,” and being in good health improves your happiness levels, relationships, and overall well-being.
However, with an almost 75% rate of failure for people who set out to get healthy after the ball drops, you will benefit from some extra motivation.
People love to read inspirational health quotes because they can rekindle motivation and commitment with just a few words. Health quotes are small jewels of wisdom concentrated into a few sentences that can help pick you up on those days when you want to quit.
Keeping a motivational healthy quote in your mind, posted on your bathroom mirror, or taped to the fridge when you are struggling to get off the couch and go to the gym will help you stay on track with your goal.
Here is a list of some of the most inspiring quotes on health to help you meet your health goals.
Make note of any quotes that stand out to you and keep them where you can reference them on a regular basis.
37 Inspiring Healthy Quotes That Will Motivate You
1. “Easy comes, Easy goes is particularly true in the case of health.” ― Amar Chandel
2. “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
3. “Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
4. “If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness,
you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.” – Elbert Hubbard
5. “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
6. “Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well; and not today's pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.” – James H. West
7. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
8. “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” – Anthony Robbins
9. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
10. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
11. “The best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system.” – Robert C. Peale
12. “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
13. “A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.” – Spanish Proverb
14. “To keep the body in good health is a duty, for otherwise we shall not be able to trim the lamp of wisdom, and keep our mind strong and clear. Water surrounds the lotus flower, but does not wet its petals.” – Buddha
15. “Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food. There are a great many food-like items in the supermarket your ancestors wouldn’t recognize as food.. stay away from these” – Michael Pollan
16. “The best six doctors anywhere and no one can deny it are sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise and diet.” – Wayne Fields
17. “No matter how much it gets abused, the body can restore balance. The first rule is to stop interfering with nature.” – Deepak Chopra
18. “You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. Staying yourself is part of the battle.” – Julian Seifte
19. “Nurturing yourself is not selfish – it’s essential to your survival and your well-being.” – Renee Peterson Trudeau
20. “To keep the body in good health is a duty… Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
21. “The food you eat can either be the safest & most powerful form of medicine…or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
22. “A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement” ― Jess C Scott
23. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” ― Winston S. Churchill
24. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” ― Herophilus
25. “Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend.” ― Lao Tzu
26. “If we are creating ourselves all the time, then it is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with.” ― Deepak Chopra
27. “Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.” ― Norman Cousins
28. “Eat healthily, sleep well, breathe deeply, move harmoniously.” ― Jean-Pierre Barral
29. “Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness.” – Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
30. “Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel.” – Kevin Trudeau
31. “Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of year.” -Franklin P. Adams
32. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating…will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
33. “Your body holds deep wisdom. Trust in it. Learn from it. Nourish it. Watch your life transform and be healthy.” – Bella Bleue
34. “Time And health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
35. “Our body is a machine for living. It is organized for that, it is its nature. Let life go on in it unhindered and let it defend itself, it will do more than if you paralyze it by encumbering it with remedies.” – Leo Tolstoy
36. “The longer I live, the less confidence I have in drugs, and the greater is my confidence in the regulation and administration of diet and regimen.” – John Redman Coxe
37. “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization
Did you find these quotes helpful? Spread the love.
Maintaining a proper level of health is your personal responsibility so take ownership of your body and educate yourself about your health and how your body functions so you can be your best self.37 Inspiring Healthy Quotes That Will Motivate You. Click To Tweet
This can help you ward off infections or diseases and allow you to strengthen your body and immune system to fight off illness when faced with stress.
Reading these getting healthy quotes can motivate you on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. Allow these short health quotes to help you simplify the process of sticking to a fitness and diet routine and bring you back to your innate power to take control of your health.
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't have to be confusing or require a lot of thought or planning. You can turn to simple, real foods and simple methods of exercise to become your best self.
Most people who have the goal of becoming healthier need the same motivation you do. Spread the love and help others by sharing this post on your favorite social media platform.