It’s worth asking why so many less qualified people keep taking the jobs and opportunities you want. I mean, what gives? What do they have that you don’t?
Must be the confidence — or so you keep hearing.
And you ask yourself, “How can I uplift my self-confidence when I’m still the same person?”
This might sound gimmicky (we don’t know your life), but positive affirmations for confidence can make all the difference — not just in how you see yourself (which is key) but in whether or not you get the life you want?
What Are Confidence Affirmations?
Many affirmations for confidence are the result of asking yourself what you would do or what you would have if you were more confident:
- “If I were more confident…”
Say you finish that sentence with the words, “I’d get a promotion and would earn twice what I’m earning now,” You can now turn your answer into the following affirmation:
- “I am more than qualified for a promotion that would double my income.”
You can tweak the words to make it uniquely your own, as we recommend with any of the affirmations listed below. But you get the idea. Confidence affirmations are about imagining how your life will be when you have all the confidence you need.
Do Confidence Affirmations Work?
Thanks to neuroplasticity, even if you’ve spent years talking down to yourself, you can make a change using both positive mental imagery (visualization) and positive self-talk.
Your brain often confuses reality with imagination, which is why visualization works. For the same reason, repeating affirmations encourages your brain to accept them as facts. This same process is how easily negative self-talk can become your reality.
The good news? Positive self-talk can become your reality, too.
We know you want to feel stronger and more confident. And the more your self-talk reflects strength and confidence, the more your brain will support these qualities as true, especially when you use affirmations based on the present.
Just remember that it’s still up to you to back up those affirmations with action.
101 Self-Confidence Affirmations
Read these powerful affirmations to yourself and write down those you find most encouraging to you. That list of favorites will come in handy.
1. I have no fear of moving forward — only of holding myself back.
2. I know my strengths and challenges better than anyone.
3. I can turn any problem into an opportunity.
4. I am confident in my abilities and in the decisions I make.
5. I learn from my mistakes and keep improving as I go.
7. I am always learning and growing. I am not the same person I was a year ago.
8. I am not limited by my past or by any of my mistakes.
9. I’m amazed at how much I’ve learned and how my entire universe has changed.
10. As I learn, my place and power in the universe change with me.
11. I use my power to make the world better than before. I bring the magic.
12. I am doing the best I can with what I have, and it’s enough.
13. My best keeps getting better as I learn and keep going.
15. I set challenging goals and take the necessary steps to reach them.
16. I’m confident I have what it takes to reach every goal I set for myself.
17. I attract confident people who support and encourage others.
18. I can listen to criticism without taking it personally or reacting with anger.
19. I am independent, creative, and persistent in everything I do.
20. Confidence is second-nature to me. I know I can do whatever I set out to do.
21. I am a good listener, and I attract people with big hearts and great ideas.
22. I thrive on self-confidence. Challenges bring out the best in me.
24. I can overcome every barrier in my path. I always find a way forward.
25. I’m capable of doing anything I put my mind to.
26. I am the builder of my own revolution.
27. I am relentless in pursuit of my goals.
28. My physical or mental abilities do not limit me. I will change the world.
29. Every challenge I meet is an opportunity to learn and become better than before.
30. I take every step with courage, positive energy, and determination.
31. Authentic self-expression is one of my core values, and I honor it every day.
32. I know when to say “no” to something, and I don’t hesitate.
33. I have more than enough energy to reach all my goals for today.
35. My mind, body, and spirit work together in harmony.
36. I trust myself to make good decisions.
37. I respond to adversity with courage, patience, and the readiness to get to work.
38. The value of my work is independent of what others are willing or able to pay for it.
39. My confidence is based on how I see myself, not on what others think of me.
40. The more I know myself, the more I believe in my ability to thrive and succeed.
41. When I make up my mind to do something, I’m relentless and unstoppable.
42. In any situation I encounter, I believe in my ability to make the most of it.
43. My confidence is up to me and no one else. It’s my responsibility.
More Related Articles:
44. I trust in my intuition and resourcefulness as I face each new challenge.
45. I am growing in knowledge and wisdom as I explore new perspectives.
46. I’m tough and can endure anything. I always get back up.
47. I know when to punch back and when to walk it off. I trust my gut.
48. I’ve learned not to take things personally when they’re not about me.
49. I am everything I need to be in this moment. And I keep learning.
50. I am a powerful force of nature and supernature combined.
52. I have learned I’m stronger and more powerful than I know.
53. I am good at what I do, and I keep improving.
54. I have all the confidence I need to step outside my comfort zone every day.
55. I am in control of my reality, and I choose to make good things happen.
56. I choose how I relate to others, and I choose authenticity and forgiveness.
57. I have everything I need to overcome every challenge and live in gratitude.
58. I share my talents and gifts with the world to make others feel seen and valued.
59. My unique talents, skillset, and perspective are a gift to the universe.
60. I know how to take my small, solitary light and warm the universe with it.
61. Whatever my social challenges, I know I’m surrounded by love.
63. I explore what interests me without worrying about what other people think.
64. I forge ahead toward my goals without waiting for permission or approval.
65. I’m learning my place in the universe and growing into it.
66. I forge connections between humanity and the natural world to benefit both.
67. I am an excellent (writer, driver, teacher, doctor, nurse, etc.)
68. I walk through life with confidence and courage, doing the next right thing.
69. I make a positive difference in other people’s lives.
70. I have all the energy I need to thrive as I connect with others and get stuff done.
71. Those who know me trust my competence, integrity, and commitment to excellence.
72. As a confident person, I live in total agreement with my core values.
73. I greet each day as a gift to be welcomed with gratitude and enjoyed fully.
75. I release the negative self-talk holding me back; I’m ready for anything.
76. I give myself full permission to be amazing and to contribute as only I can.
77. I believe in my courage, resilience, and capacity for greatness.
78. I am taking bold, confident steps forward to get closer to my goals.
79. I begin each day with excitement about what I will accomplish.
80. I am capable, strong, and always up to the task. I’m an asset to every team.
81. My strength and tenacity are greater than any struggle.
82. I bring my best to every task I take on, and I learn from my mistakes.
83. I am my own superhero.
84. I leave self-doubt behind and take bold steps forward.
85. With confidence, I can see more clearly how others’ gifts complement my own.
86. I let go of self-doubt and find it easier to forgive and to thrive.
87. As a confident person, I take time for myself and encourage others to do the same.
89. I let go of negative thoughts and am now free to discover and share my true self.
90. I share my thoughts without fear and listen to others with genuine openness.
91. My confidence allows me to connect more easily with a variety of people.
92. As a confident person, I save my time and energy for the things that matter most.
93. I wake up feeling calm and confident, and I feel the same throughout the day.
94. I am everything I want to be.
95. I forgive myself and everyone else. How other people see me is irrelevant.
96. My flaws are just challenges I chose for myself. They’re mine to confront.
97. I live my life the way I choose. I’m the one responsible for its outcome.
98. I am ready to change my life for the better with confidence, gratitude, and grace.
99. I, as much as anyone else, deserve to be treated with kindness and respect.
100. With confidence, I let people know they matter to me, despite our disagreements.
101. I’ve got this.
How to Use Self-Confidence Affirmations
Depending on your personal beliefs and where you are in your confidence journey, some of these affirmations will resonate more than others. To get the most benefit from your favorites, though, consider these tips:
- Have a mug created with one of your favorite affirmations.
- Design a piece of wall art with a favorite affirmation using calligraphy (or Canva).
- Write a weekly affirmation on a whiteboard you’ll see.
- Use an affirmation app that allows you to add your own favorites.
Positive affirmations can and should become the foundation of your daily self-talk. Start the day with one, and repeat it throughout the day.