First of all, I know it can be hard to take this wealth mindset stuff seriously, especially when it feels like rich people telling you your financial troubles must be your own fault.
Your thinking must be “too negative” — as if positive thinking would fix everything. It wouldn’t.
This post isn’t about “thinking only positive thoughts.” That’s not realistic.
And it’s not helpful. There are some things you can’t reframe positively without sounding creepy or fake.
But we do believe in positive affirmations for money. Read on to see why.
Why Use Positive Affirmations for Money?
Chances are, if you’re struggling financially, your thoughts about money are not likely to be rosy.
And if you’re reading this, you’re at least curious about how exchanging those thoughts for financial affirmations might help.
You lose nothing by repeating positive affirmations. But what do you have to gain?
- Reduced stress and anxiety (from obsessing about your money situation)
- Greater awareness of your thoughts and self-talk
- Greater awareness of synchronicities (meaningful coincidences) in your life
- Renewed hope and a broader perspective on life
- Better sleep and healthier eating habits (less compulsive behavior)
- Better relationships and conversations with others
- Improved self-esteem and increased confidence
It remains to be seen, though, how a daily abundance mantra could change your financial situation for the better.
Do Money Affirmations Work?
We’re not talking about making money magically appear in your bank account or telepathically guilting people into sending you money. There’s nothing mystical or supernatural at work. The real magic is how affirmations work on you.
The whole point of using positive affirmations for money is to help you create a vision for your financial life. Then you’ll use that vision to create actionable goals and create the daily habits you’ll need to reach them.
Using affirmations in this way can transform your mindset and, ultimately, your well-being in every area of your life.
39 Money Affirmations to Reinforce a Wealth Mindset
Whatever the facts of your financial situation right now, you should be able to repeat the following affirmations without your brain saying, “Ummm, nope, that’s not true at all.”
In other words, you won’t find affirmations like “I am wealthy beyond my wildest dreams.”
Effective affirmations are as true as they are positive — and vice-versa. Every word you use matters. For example, instead of “I’m not worried about my financial situation,” try “I’m at peace with my finances.” Read on for more examples.
1. Whatever money challenges I run into, I am capable of conquering them.
2. It’s normal and okay to want more money. Money makes life easier for the people I care about and me.
3. I set actionable goals to improve my financial situation and conquer them.
4. Abundance is coming to meet me as I move toward it each day.
5. I welcome abundance and love sharing it with others.
6. I am exploring my potential, developing my gifts, and growing in abundance.
7. Money brings me freedom, which I enjoy sharing with others.
8. Once I know what I want, I take action. I am resourceful and resilient.
9. I know how to set goals that excite me and keep me going. I have what it takes to succeed.
10. I’m always learning new ways to earn money and make it work for me.
11. How I think about money is important. So are the actions I take every day.
12. I have a healthy respect for money and am grateful for what I earn each day.
13. I intend to thrive and bring joy to others, and my daily habits help me to do that.
14. Every day, I attract more abundance with my thoughts and actions.
15. I share my abundance with those who have less. I am my neighbor’s keeper.
16. The more I share of my abundance, the more it overflows.
17. I have all the confidence, creativity, and energy I need to meet my financial goals.
18. I’m taking regular and effective action to succeed, grow in wealth, and use it wisely.
19. I find the resources and tools that make it easier for me to improve my finances.
More Related Articles:
20. Every day, I’m building positive financial habits to grow in abundance and improve my life.
21. I am highly motivated, creative, and efficient. I make good things happen.
22. I am open and ready to create and receive more wealth, which I’m always happy to share.
23. I find it easy to keep taking action to earn more than enough to improve my life.
24. My financial affirmations are already working for me, making me more productive, wiser, and happier.
25. Financial abundance is within my reach. I am at peace with my progress.
26. I am committed to my personal vision of success. My persistence is paying off.
27. I keep track of my activities and monitor my progress. I see how far I’ve come.
28. I listen well and learn from my mistakes. I am always learning.
29. Personal growth matters more to me than prosperity, but I choose to have both.
30. Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways. I’m grateful for all of it.
31. I release all my negative thoughts regarding money. I choose healing calm and purposeful action.
32. I use money to better my life and the lives of others. I am a thoughtful money manager.
33. Money is my servant, not my master. I’m a smart spender, saver, and investor.
34. As I continue growing, my gratitude for money and its uses grows, too.
35. Money opens doors to new opportunities and experiences that I want in my life.
36. I wake up feeling positive and grateful and go to bed feeling peaceful and content.
37. The more I give, the more I receive. And the more I receive, the more I give.
38. I can change my thoughts — and my life — for the better.
39. My money allows me to have a life I love and to make life more beautiful for others.
How Do You Write Affirmations for Money?
If reading through the list above got you thinking of affirmations that more closely relate to your life, get those ideas down. Some of your most effective affirmations may be those you create yourself.
Follow these steps to make your own list:
Get clear on what you want. Ask yourself what you want in life, what you love, and what you’re most grateful for. Describe in rich detail the life you want.
Start with short, positive statements — using “I am…,” “I love…,” “I have….,” etc. Avoid statements with the word “not.” Positive statements are more powerful.
Keep them in the now. Avoid starting with “I want…” or “Someday….” These only remind you of what you don’t have yet. Keep them positive and present.
Write statements that sound like you. Use the force of your own passion, conviction, and feelings to make your statements more authentic and energizing.
Don’t obsess over the “how.” Start by focusing on what you want, what you love, and what you’re grateful for. The “how” will come to you when you need it.
Write as many (or as few) as you like. These are for you. Make them everything you need them to be. And make every word count.
Choose the best ways to use those affirmations every day, taking into account your daily habits and what works for you when you need to remember things.
You don’t have to be an expert affirmation maker right from the get-go, either. Make it your purpose to do your best with what you know and consistently use your chosen affirmations.
You’ll get better as you go. And the changes in your life will be the best evidence of that.
Are you ready to put these money affirmations into practice?
Now that you’ve looked through the list, which affirmations stood out for you? Or which ones gave you ideas for creating your own?
Once you have your personal list of money mantras, how can you make the most of them?
- Use an app like ThinkUp to remind you of your favorites.
- Write a favorite positive affirmation on a whiteboard.
- Set smartphone alarms with an affirmation for each alarm’s message.
- Start each day’s journal entry with a favorite affirmation.
- Write affirmations on sticky notes and post them around your home.
Start each morning with one of these and repeat them throughout the day.