Passion Quotes To Light Your Inner Fire
Have you ever wondered why it's worthwhile to try to find your life passion?
There's so much written about it, so many people touting it, and so many others seeking it. But the concept of “life passion” doesn't make it easy to wrap your head around the reality of the outcome.
For those already living their passion, they understand the “why” of it. But if you've never found your life passion, then it's hard to know exactly what you're missing. It's like asking why you need to find the love of your life. How do explain that? You must experience it to fully recognize the beautiful power it has.
Nevertheless, passion-seekers need some inspiration and reason for embarking on the search. You need some some explanation of why discovering your passion is so life-altering, and why it is worthwhile to take a leap of faith and pursue it, even when you don't know exactly what you're going after.
If you've been standing on the sidelines of your life passion search, wondering whether or not you should jump on the path, then I'd like to provide a little inspiration and motivation to get started.
Although it's not the same as experiencing life passion firsthand, reading these 30 quotes about passion from well-know passionate people will help light your inner fire.
Here are 30 Passion Quotes.
1. “If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” ~Bishop T.D. Jakes
2. “There's no passion to be found playing small — in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.”~Nelson Mandela
3. “There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life.” ~Federico Fellini
4. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” ~ Ferdinand Foch, French Military Strategist
5. “Chase your passion, not your pension.” ~Denis Waitley
6.”Every man is proud of what he does well; and no man is proud of what he does not do well. With the former, his heart is in his work; and he will do twice as much of it with less fatigue. The latter performs a little imperfectly, looks at it in disgust, turns from it, and imagines himself exceedingly tired. The little he has done, comes to nothing, for want of finishing.” ~Abraham Lincoln
7. “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” ~Hardy D. Jackson
8. “Chase down your passion like it's the last bus of the night.” ~Terri Guillemets
9. “Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman
10. “Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark.” ~Amiel
11. “Our passions are the winds that propel our vessel. Our reason is the pilot that steers her. Without winds the vessel would not move and without a pilot she would be lost.” ~Proverb
12. “It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dream of meeting your heart's longing.” ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer
13. “Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you.” ~Bill Cosby
14. “There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it's the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.”~Anthony Robbins
15. “Love is the spiritual essence of what we do. Technique is the manifestation of the preparation and investment as a result of the love.” ~Wynton Marsalis
16. “Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?” ~Friedrich Nietzsche
17. “I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.” ~Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter
18. “The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, or gives you a sense of meaning, joy, or passion.” ~Terry Orlick
19. “We're the creators of our own experience — remembering this, and living our lives from this perspective, empowers us.” ~Mike Robbins
20. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” ~Maya Angelou
21. ‘The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.” ~Steve Jobs
22. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey
23. “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” ~Martha Graham
24. “Be like the bluebird who never is blue, For he knows from his upbringing what singing can do” – Cole Porter, Be Like the Bluebird, 1934
25. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” – Yoda
26. “There was a disturbance in my heart, a voice that spoke there and said, I want, I want, I want! It happened every afternoon, and when I tried to suppress it it got even stronger.” ~Saul Bellow
27. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” ~Rumi
28. “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes ‘Awww!'” ~Jack Kerouac
29. “Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” ~Anais Nin
30. “Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping… waiting… and though unwanted… unbidden… it will stir… open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us… guides us… passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have?” – Joss Whedon, screenwriter and director