40 Compelling Quotes About Life To Empower You
If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
How would your life look today if you'd made a different choice at all of the major (and minor) crossroads of your life?
Often we look back over our lives with regrets or at least a certain amount of curiosity about how an alternative life might be.
Would it be easier?
Would we be happier?
Would we make the same mistakes?
Choose the same partner?
Have kids or not?
Be more confident and successful?
Life is fraught with complexities and challenges. As humans, we are destined to add to those complexities with our own minor neuroses, personality quirks, and limiting beliefs.
I've learned myself that every period of smooth sailing will eventually be followed by periods of difficulty, suffering, and confusion.
How do you navigate those painful stretches when you lose hope, feel so alone, and have no idea how to extricate yourself from suffering or apathy?
One of the most effective techniques I've used is to turn to inspiring books and words of wisdom to kickstart a new mindset and revive my faith in life.
Do you need some inspiration for your own life today?
If so, here are 40 compelling quotes about life to empower you:
1. Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.— Al Franken
2. In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. — Robert Frost
3. If you don't make peace with your past it will keep showing up in your present. — Wayne Dyer
4. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. — Albert Einstein
5. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. — C.S. Lewis
6. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. — Charles Darwin
7. Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. — Charles Swindoll
8. But one of the big lessons I have learned from my journey is you can't please everyone, so don't try. — Chris Colfer
9. The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn. — David Russell
10. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. — Dr. Seuss
11. My life is perfect, even when it is not. — Ellen Degeneres
12. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. — Emily Dickinson
13. Life doesn’t require that we be the best, only that we try our best. — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
14. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. — Helen Keller
15. Either you run the day, or the day runs you. — Jim Rohn
16. Mistakes are the stepping stones to wisdom. — Leon Brown
17. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. — Lao Tzu
18. A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month which becomes a great year which becomes a great life. — Mandy Hale
19. I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it. — Maya Angelou
20. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. — Nelson Mandela
21. You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. — Oprah Winfrey
22. Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing. — Seneca
23. Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. — Theodore Roosevelt
24. A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep. — Vernon Howard
25. When a person can’t find a deep sense of meaning, they distract themselves with pleasure.— Viktor Frankl
26. The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.— Zig Ziglar
27. You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. — Elizabeth Gilbert
28. Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you chose your life, you didn't settle for it. — Mandy Hale
29. Start now. Start where you are. Start with fear. Start with pain. Start with doubt. Start with hands shaking. Start with voice trembling but start. Start and don't stop. Start where you are, with what you have. Just start. — Ijeoma Umebinyuo
30. The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. — Gloria Steinem
31. Pause and remember— Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way. — Jenni Young
32. You have a choice each and every single day. I choose to feel blessed. I choose to feel grateful. I choose to be excited. I choose to be thankful. I choose to be happy. — Amber Housley
33. You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love. — Cheryl Strayed
34. The quieter you become, the more you can hear. — Ram Dass
35. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. — Muhammad Ali
36. Whatever you resist you become. If you resist anger, you are always angry. If you resist sadness, you are always sad. If you resist suffering, you are always suffering. If you resist confusion,you are always confused. We think that we resist certain states because they are there, but actually they are there because we resist them. — Adyashanti
37. Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots. — Paulo Coelho
38. Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life. — Les Brown
39. Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. — Denis Waitley
40. Everything in life comes to you as a teacher. Pay attention. Learn quickly. — Cherokee Saying
Do you have a favorite quote about life that inspires or motivates you? Please share it in the comments below.