How to Position Yourself To Achieve Maximum Success and Fulfillment
Last Updated on
“Success in life could be defined as the continued expansion of happiness and the progressive realization of worthy goals.
Success is the ability to fulfill your desires with effortless ease.
And yet success, including the creation of wealth,
has always been considered to be a process that requires hard work
and it is often considered to be at the expense of others.
We need a more spiritual approach to success and to affluence
which is the abundant flow of all good things to you.” ~Deepak Chopra
This quote suggests that to achieve success and fulfillment doesn't have to be hard work at the expense of yourself or others. Achieving success can be easy and natural. Does this idea seem too far-fetched or unrealistic to you? If so, consider shifting your thinking for the time being.
Let's take a look at how you can position yourself to improve the quality of your life and to become more successful. For this moment, let go of your existing concept of how to achieve success.
Start now with a mental blank slate.
Consider some personal background changes you can make as an investment in an extraordinary life. Your life does not have to be stagnant. You can take it to the next level by preparing yourself emotionally and mentally for a higher stratum of consciousness that will change your entire perspective.
Have you ever had an “Ah ha” moment where a concept or idea was presented to you, and the pieces suddenly clicked successfully into place?
Amazingly everything shifts. Your perspective spirals upward and it is a life changing moment.
These moments often feel like serendipity or grace.
They just happen, and you are not quite sure why. But you can make yourself ready and available for these shifts so that your life is open and encouraging abundant flow.
Here is a list of actions to show you ways to achieve success:
Strengthen Your Core
In the same way, a building needs a strong foundation, you need to strengthen your personal being so that you are not swayed by outside forces, including your own ego. Take the time to examine yourself and to really know what is important and valuable in your life.
Practice and incorporate these tips for success:
- Have extensive boundaries. These are the imaginary lines we create around ourselves to protect our souls, hearts, and minds from the unhealthy or damaging behavior of others.
- Clear up unresolved matters. Address issues from your past with yourself or others that are holding you back or crippling you in some way.
- Restore your integrity. To be whole and healthy, we must take responsibility for our actions and respond to the lessons offered to us.
- Get your needs met. Most of us have our physical needs met, but we all have personal needs that must be met in order to be ourselves. We often are afraid or unwilling to ask for what we need from others.
- Raise your standards. Define and hold yourself to higher standards to attract high-quality people and situations in your life.
- Stop tolerating what bugs you. Define and address what is draining your time and energy. Just awareness of your tolerations begins the process of eliminating them.
- Live by your values. Know what you value most and orient your life around those values so you will have a reference point for everything you choose and every action you take.
Practice Attraction and Action Principles
The core of attraction is this: where you place your thoughts, feelings, energy, and intention defines what you create in your life. This is not some magical power. In fact, the essential ingredient of attracting what you want is old-fashioned action. Combine mental, emotional and spiritual energy with physical action, and you can move mountains.
Try these lifestyle changes to support the practice of attraction/action principles:
- Have a vision supported by intention. Define what you want for your life and support that vision with energized intention. Know with feeling that this vision of life is yours right now. Follow intention with actions that propel you forward into that life.
- Unhook from the future. Stop struggling to make things happen. Rather, use your vision of how you want to live as a guide and remain open to the endless possibilities. Don't force life. Just dance from one event to another.
- Focus on the task at hand. Streamline and simplify your life enough that you don't feel overwhelmed with tasks. Give yourself the time and space to focus intently on what you are doing in the moment. Get into the flow of the activity instead of rushing through it simply to check it off the list.
- Let go of the need for validation from others. Be driven by what intrigues and excites you most, not by what others tell you is valuable or important. Work on letting go of that dependence on external recognition or acknowledgment.
- Trust your intuition enough to experiment. Follow your inner guidance into bold, new areas of experiment and growth. Allow yourself to fail in the process of learning and growing.
- Find new sources of stimulation for your life. Stretch yourself. Hang out in new environments with different people. Read books in different genres, try a new hobby. Let go of resistance and shake up stagnant thinking.
Declutter your house
Literally and metaphorically clean the clutter from your house and your life. When you simplify your space and your mind, you allow room for the important, valuable things that spell success to you.
- Get rid of stuff. Let go of material things that just take up space and contribute to clutter. Give away as much as you can to someone who can use it.
- Simplify your finances. Stop accumulating so much. Close some credit cards. Pay off any debt.
- Do less. Don't cram your day with as many activities as possible. Do less and enjoy more. Leave room for the new ideas and people you are inviting into your life.
- Live clean. Adjust your diet, exercise, spiritual practices and leisure activities to support a clean and simple life.
- Monitor your thinking. When you see yourself falling into negative thinking, worry, or self-doubt, refocus your mind on positive, affirming thoughts. Do anything to interrupt a cycle of detrimental cogitating.
Create Your Own Personal Operating System
Most of us have a personal operating system that we learned from our parents or adopted from some cultural, societal or religious framework. When you become a fully whole and evolved individual, you can choose your own operating system. Old formulas become less effective and acceptable for you as you define how you want to live your life.
- Challenge your beliefs and opinions. Sometimes we cling to ideas simply because that's what we've always done or because we don't want to offend someone else. Take a good, hard look at some of these beliefs and assumptions and investigate them. It might be time to recalibrate.
- Be open to learning. Become a lifelong learner. Accept and embrace that everyone has something to teach you. Even in your areas of expertise, remain open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Have fun with it. As you open yourself to new ideas, new beliefs and new ways of operating, allow yourself to be infused with the joy and wonder of a child. Life is full of amazing and exhilarating adventure.
As you practice and implement these ideas and actions, you will see that you already feel more successful and fulfilled — even without any specific outward progress. Your simplified and vision-oriented life will allow you to appreciate and enjoy what you have right now.
And as you attract and take action toward creating more, you will find success and fulfillment in unexpected places.