You’re head over heels in love.
And everyone loves a sincere and meaningful compliment.
Think of how you felt the last time you received one.
Special. Respected. Admired. Irresistible.
You want to make him feel that way, too.
So, , look through this list of 51 compliments for men.
You’ll find just the words or the inspiration you need.
How to Compliment a Guy the Right Way
Before you dive into our list of compliments, though, . You know the guy in question better than we do, but the following points are worth considering:
Now that you know how to deliver a compliment your favorite guy will love, go ahead and look through the following list to find at least one great compliment for today.
51 Compliments for Men
Each of the following compliments for men comes with an explanatory follow-up thought. You can either add it to your compliment or use it as inspiration.
Different situations call for different kinds of compliments, so you’ll see these divided into separate categories to help you find the one with the best fit.
Compliments for Him about His Looks
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want their significant other to find them attractive — irresistible, even. You’re not being shallow by complimenting your man’s physical appeal.
There’s a time to focus on the reasons he makes your senses happy.
1. You are so handsome. You can make any outfit look good. And with that smile, it’s hard to care about the clothes, anyway.
2. You have a great sense of style. I like the clothes you wear. Not every guy has a knack for picking out clothes that look great on him.
3. I love to watch you move. But I’d rather be close enough to hold your hand.
4. Just looking at you makes me smile. The sight of you makes everything better.
5. When I look into your eyes, I see intelligence, humor, and kindness. I could look into them all day. But I can think of better things to do when you’re here.
6. You smell fantastic. (This one isn’t about looks, but it does go to physical appeal.)
7. Your smile is my favorite thing. Nothing lights me up inside like seeing you smile.
8. Don’t rush to shave on my account. You’re irresistible with or without facial hair.
9. Whatever you’re doing to look this good, keep it up. It’s working (at least on me).
10. I’m powerless against that smirk of yours. Ties me in knots every time I see it. Never lose the smirk.
Compliments for Men and Their Work and Accomplishments
You can praise your man’s work and accomplishments without denigrating your own; in fact, the compliments will mean more if you also value and respect yourself.
Show him you’ve noticed and are impressed with what he’s learned and how far he’s come.
1. You did a fantastic job at [latest job well done]. I hope you don’t mind my bragging about you to everyone who will listen.
2. I love watching you work. You just keep getting better at it. And I love the view.
3. You should be proud of what you’ve accomplished this year. (Recount some of his accomplishments and remark on why they matter and how proud you are of him.)
4. I’ve never met anyone as knowledgeable and perceptive about this as you are. If I have any questions, I know whom to ask.
5. You continually impress me. Just when I think I’ve seen you at your best, you find another way to surprise me and make me even prouder.
6. I admire the way you handled that situation. You treated others with respect and took calm, decisive action. You set a good example for others.
7. I love watching the way you treat people. I know I can trust you to treat people with patience, respect, and fairness — however they treat you.
8. I’m in awe of how far you’ve come and how much you’ve grown. You amaze me. Just watching and listening to you makes me want to be better.
9. I’d like to learn more about [something that interests him]. Where should I start?
10. Have I told you lately how much I love it when you cook? And not just because I don’t have to.
11. You’re always learning, and I love that about you. You never get bored of learning new things. I want to learn with you.
Compliments for Him and His Personality
Focusing on his personality doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate his other gifts.
But every man wants to know that you see the person behind the pretty face, that you admire his character, and that it’s his personality — not his physical attributes — that you love most.
1. You’re the best listener I know. You listen to understand — not to win an argument.
2. I love listening to your ideas. The way your mind works fascinates me.
3. You’re not afraid to take risks and try new things. I admire your courage and your sense of adventure.
4. You crack me up all the time. I don’t know anyone who makes me laugh as much.
5. You’re the kindest, most generous person I know. I admire your character and your compassion.
6. Having a good time with you is effortless. No one is more fun than you are.
7. I love talking to you and listening to you talk. You’re the best conversation partner.
8. Life with you is never boring. Whatever you want to do, I’m up for it.
9. You have a knack for saying what I need to hear. I need you around more often.
10. When I beat you at something, you’re the first one to brag to others about it. You’re never a sore loser — or an insufferable winner.
11. When I’m good at something, you never let me forget it. You’re as proud of my gifts as I am of yours.
12. You have never been afraid of losing — just of failing to learn from it. You inspire me to take more risks.
Love Compliments for Men
These compliments express your love in a variety of ways by showing your man how he, his words, and his behavior make you feel. Because while no one wants to be responsible for making someone happy all the time, how he makes you feel still matters. A lot.
1. I’ve never felt more loved than when I’m with you. You remind me every day.
2. I feel most at home when I’m with you. I feel perfectly comfortable being myself.
3. You make me feel like someone worth standing up for. I feel valued and supported.
4. You make me feel beautiful, even when I’m not at my best. That smile of yours says everything.
5. You make me feel like I can do anything. Your confidence in me has changed my life. Just thinking of you makes me feel braver.
6. I will always choose you. Whatever happens, you’re the one I want by my side.
7. I’m never prouder than when I’m thinking of you. And I’ve never been so grateful for someone’s company.
8. When I’m hurting, there’s no one whose company I’d rather have than yours. You are my greatest comfort.
9. You’re the reason I keep hoping the world can be better. And it is better with you.
10. I can always count on you to see the best in me. I want to see me as you do.
Sexy Compliments for Men
Think of compliments that you’ve received in the past that have erased every mental track but one.
That said, we kept the following compliments clean.
1. You’ve been in my head all day today. People keep asking why I’m smiling so much.
2. I can’t hear your voice without wanting to do things with you. Keep talking.
3. Something about you makes me want to grab hold of you and kiss you. But I don’t, because . . . boundaries.
4. Last night was incredible. I’m having a hard time thinking of anything else.
5. Talk nerdy to me. Your mind is every bit as sexy as the rest of you.
6. You know exactly how to get me in the mood. It’s a gift you should use more often.
7. I never thought I’d enjoy kissing as much as I love kissing you. It’s not weird or pointless at all. I’m into it.
8. You know exactly how I want to be touched — when I want to be touched. Use this power for good.
How and when will you use these compliments for men?
Now that you’ve looked over these 51 compliments for men, what kinds of compliments do you think your man needs to hear more of?
And are you willing to pay him at least one compliment every day — not so he’ll return the favor but just to let him know how much you appreciate him?
Of course, we’re hoping he does return the favor. But more than that, we hope these compliments help deepen your connection and strengthen your relationship.
The benefits are worth plenty of awkward moments.