Looking for a way to change up your usual good night routine?
Maybe you’re sending a package to a loved one with gifts intended to help them get a good night’s sleep, and you want to include an extra something in your note.
Or maybe you want to find the best good night quotes, so you can create some wall art or affirmation cards with one or two of them for your bedroom.
Words have power, and the good night quotes in this article might just lead to a better night’s sleep for you or for someone you love.
61 Good Night Quotes
These quotes carry good night wishes and can help you prepare for a solid night’s sleep by getting your head into the right space for it. But they can do more than that.
You’ve no doubt experienced that your mindset before falling asleep is waiting to meet you when you wake up again.
So, use these quotes to help you set the right tone for the morning that follows.
1. “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” ― Roald Dahl
2. “The moon embalms me with her love and she kisses me good night. The nightingale sings her song of love when I take rest in the arms of darkness in the night!” ― Avijeet Das
3. “Let yourself rest and recover tonight. The Sun will rise again tomorrow for you to write a new chapter in your life.”
4. “Goodnight. Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
5. “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” ― John Steinbeck
6. “After a day of hard work and dedication, you deserve a beautiful and peaceful night. Let your bright self rest well and be ready to shine again tomorrow.”
7. “True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” ― William Penn
8. “Now, blessings light on him that first invented sleep! It covers a man all over, thoughts and all, like a cloak; it is meat for the hungry, drink for the thirsty, heat for the cold, and cold for the hot. It is the current coin that purchases all the pleasures of the world cheap, and the balance that sets the king and the shepherd, the fool and the wise man, even.” ― Miguel de Cervantes
9. “Let the night clear away your worries and leave your questions for tomorrow. May a new day show you the answers you are looking for.”
10. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” ― Thomas De Quincey
11. “Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” ― Allen Ginsberg
12. “Goodnight. Sleep awaits those of us who dare to dream.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
13. “Listen to the night sky, the Mockingbird always sing you my lullaby.” ― Jmemo
14. “The time between good night to good morning, all poetries are mentioned by her with his love and their good memories.” ― Vaishal Sheth
15. “May this quiet night of rest replenish your energy, filling your mind with dreams and your body with vitality. Have a good night.”
16. “I wish for you a good night of sleep, sweet dreams, and a smiling morning.” ― Debasish Mridha
17. “Love said, “Wake still and think of me,” Sleep, “Close your eyes till break of day,” But Dreams came by and smilingly Gave both to Love and Sleep their way.” ― Sara Teasdale
18. “I love the silent hour of night, for blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight what may not bless my waking eyes.” ― Anne Brontë
19. “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” ― Haruki Murakami
20. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
21. “The ones who rest their hearts and souls during the night are braver and wiser during the day.”
22. “Sleep is an investment in the energy you need to be effective tomorrow.” ― Tom Roth
23. “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow’s a fresh opportunity to make it better.” ― Harry Dean Stanton
24. “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” ― George Orwell
25. “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and the sun will shine brighter than ever.” ― Ernest Hemingway
26. “The night brings an interval to our challenges, troubles and doubts. I hope a good night sleep provides you with the peace, wisdom and strength you need to win your battles tomorrow.”
27. “I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night I softly say. A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.” ― Roy Orbison
28. “May today be better than yesterday and worse than tomorrow because our life journey can only lead us up and ahead.” ― Antonio Carvalho
29. “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” ― E. Joseph Cossman
30. “The peacefulness of the night can bring solace and comfort to your restless heart. Carry the calmness of night to your tomorrow so that you face a new day with wisdom and patience.”
31. “And if tonight my soul may find her peace in sleep, and sink in good oblivion, and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.” ― D.H. Lawrence
32. “Sleep is the golden chain that binds health and our bodies together.” ― Thomas Dekker
33. “By helping us keep the world in perspective, sleep gives us a chance to refocus on the essence of who we are. And in that place of connection, it is easier for the fears and concerns of the world to drop away.” ― Ariana Huffington
34.“Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
35. “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow. “ ― William Shakespeare
36. “Finish each day before you begin the next, and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
37. “Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.” ― Tyler Kent
38. “Let yourself be embraced by the stillness of the night so that your bright soul turn the dark hours into magical, peaceful harmony that lulls you to sleep. Have a good night.”
39. “Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night’s repose.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
40. “This is the end of the day, but soon there will be a new day.” ― Bernard Williams
41. “Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
42. “I hope you fall asleep softly and sleep soundly. Tomorrow, you will surely wake up full of energy and positivity to face a new day.”
43. “Only night can make us whole again.” ― Nick Gordon
44. “Don’t fight with the pillow, but lay down your head. And kick every worriment out of the bed.” ― Edmund Vance Cooke
45. “To all, to each, a fair good-night, and pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.” ― Walter Scott
46. “Never let the darkness or negativity outside affect your inner self. Just wait until morning comes and the bright light will drown out the darkness.” ― Haruki Murakami
48. “We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” ― William Shakespeare
49. “Good night, then – sleep to gather strength for the morning. For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly on all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.” ― Winston Churchill
50. “May you have a peaceful night and meet a beautiful tomorrow when open your eyes in the morning.”
51. “Sleep can completely change your entire outlook on life. One good night’s sleep can help you realize that you shouldn’t break up with someone, or you are being too hard on your friend, or you actually will win the race or the game or get the job. Sleep helps you win at life.” ― Amy Poehler
52. “A good night’s sleep is always the best way to wake up and go to work.” ― Chanel Iman
53. “I think if you have a good night’s sleep, you can take on the world.” ― Tamsin Egerton
54. “May tonight be a lovely and serene bridge that will lead you to a wonderful tomorrow.”
55. “Before you fall asleep every day, say something positive to yourself.” ― Enid Bagnold
56. “O bed! O bed! Delicious bed! That heaven upon earth to the weary head.” ― Thomas Hood, Miss Kilmansegg
57. “Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking and loving and dreaming.” ― Elie Wiesel
58. “The sea will grant each man new hope, and sleep will bring dreams of home.” ― Larry Ferguson
59. “Sleep, rest of things, O pleasing Deity, Peace of the soul, which cares dost crucify, Weary bodies refresh and mollify.” ― Ovid
60. “Before you go to sleep, do not forget to say thanks for everything good that has happened to you in the last 24 hours.” ― Roy Orbison
61. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” ― Harriet Beecher Stowe
How will you use these good night quotes?
Now that you have over 50 well-crafted good night quotes to choose from, which ones stand out as your favorites?
Which ones do you find easy to repeat to yourself or to others?
Maybe one or two will become good night messages that your children will remember fondly.
Years from now, they might repeat the same to their own spouses and children when nighttime comes.
May they bring you and your loved ones a good night’s rest every time you use them.
And may your thoughtfulness and genuine good will influence everything you do today.