72 Uplifting Quotes To Empower Your Day
Do you enjoy uplifting quotes to motivate you?
Words have incredible power over us.
Your day can begin under a dark cloud. You might feel tired, stressed, or unhappy for some reason. Then someone says one kind word, and the clouds lift. Your motivation and energy seep back in, and you feel uplifted and light again.
Simple letters and words composed in just the right order can change how we think, how we feel, and how we act. They move us, inspire us, and empower us to take action, make positive changes in our lives, and even boost confidence and self-esteem.
One of the best ways to immediately improve your mood and motivate yourself is by reading powerful, inspiring words and applying the concepts and insights to your own life.
How can you use these uplifting quotes to improve your day? Here are some ideas:
- Read through all of the quotes and highlight those that speak to you.
- Write down your favorite quotes as writing reinforces the positive feelings they evoke.
- Read the quote out loud and allow it to sink in.
- Post your favorite quotes in places you will see them frequently.
- Think about a specific situation in your life that each quote applies to.
- Use the message in the quote to compel action or change related to the situation.
Now you're ready to do more than just read these quotes. You have the power to put them to positive use in your life!
Here are 72 uplifting quotes to empower you right now:
Uplifting Quotes to Motivate You
1. “Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something.” ~Ralph Marston
2. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~Kenji Miyazawa
3. “Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” ~Nido Qubein
4. “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” ~Kevyn Aucoin
5. “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” ~Napoleon Hill
6. “I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.” ~Henry Rollins
7. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank
8. “I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life – and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” ~Georgia O'Keeffe
9. “Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.” ~Eckhart Tolle
10. “When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.” ~Byron Katie
11. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” ~Khalil Gibran
12. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ~Michael Jordan
13. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” ~Mark Twain
14. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~Maya Angelou
15. “Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons do not last. The spring rains will come.” ~Sarah Ban Breathnach
16. “To help yourself, help others. Whatever good you do travels a circle and returns to you many times over- but remember, life isn't about what you get, it's about what you become.” ~Dennis Gaskill
17. “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.” ~Oprah Winfrey
18. “A constructive, useful life, good works, and good relationships are as valid as writing poetry or inventing a machine. Anything that one does well and obtains satisfaction from is a good enough reason for living. To be a decent human being that people like and feel better for knowing is enough.” ~Robert Gould
19. “Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future.” ~Alice Walker
20. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” ~Mary Dunbar
Uplifting Quotes for Tough Times
21. “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.” ~W. Clement Stone
22. “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ~Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
23. “It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.” ~Agnes M. Pharo
24. “This world is your best teacher. There is a lesson in everything. There is a lesson in each experience. Learn it and become wise. Every failure is a stepping stone to success. Every difficulty or disappointment is a trial of your faith. Every unpleasant incident or temptation is a test of your inner strength. Therefore nil desperandum. March forward hero!” ~Swami Sivananda
25. “You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say ‘no' to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger ‘yes' burning inside.” ~Stephen R. Covey
26. “Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.” ~Napoleon Hill
27. “The world is more malleable than you think and it’s waiting for you to hammer it into shape.” ~Bono
Related: 101 Of The Best Self Help Books
28. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” ~Sara Blakely
29. “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” ~Martha Graham
30. “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” ~Martha Washington
31. “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” ~Earl Nightingale
32. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” ~Harvey Fierstein
33. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ~Lao Tzu
Uplifting Quotes about Life
34. “Don't go through life, grow through life.” ~Eric Butterworth
35. “I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.” ~Joseph Campbell
36. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” ~Buddha
37. “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” ~Tecumseh
38. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” ~Greg Anderson
39. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” ~John Lennon
40. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
41. “With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.” ~Max Ehrmann
42. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” ~Groucho Marx
43. “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” ~Bruce Barton
44. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.” ~Eckhart Tolle
45. “Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give – pleasure, possessions, power – but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy.” ~Dada Vaswani
46. “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “The best way out is always through.” ~Robert Frost
48. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~Will Rogers
49. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” ~Napoleon Hill
50. “Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star . . .” ~E.E. Cummings
Uplifting Quotes for Women
51. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” ~Melissa Etheridge
52. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” ~Diane Mariechild
53. “Don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself. Keep fighting for your dreams!” ~Gabby Douglas
54. “The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world.” ~Ashley Rickards
55. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” ~Katharine Hepburn
56. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” ~Madeleine Albright
57. “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.” ~Oprah Winfrey
58. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” ~Emma Stone
59. “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” ~Taylor Swift
60. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” ~Beyonce Knowles
61. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” ~Margaret Thatcher
Uplifting Quotes for Men
62. “Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
63. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” ~Mark Twain
64. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.” ~Confucius
65. “Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.” ~Aldous Huxley
66. “The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
67. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively. ~Bob Marley
68. “The man who has no imaginations has no wings.” ~Muhammad Ali
69. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” ~Thomas Paine
70. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” ~Abraham Lincoln
71. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” ~Nelson Mandela
72. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” ~Bob Marley
What did you think about these uplifting quotes?
I hope you enjoyed these uplifting quotes and found a few that made your day brighter and lifted your spirits. Did you findy any of these to be positive and inspirational?
Why not uplift others?
I would really appreciate your help. Want to pass along good feelings on to others with a random act of kindness? Share these quotes on your favorite social media platform. Who knows how you might transform someone's day?!