“Compliment what she does. Send her roses just because. If it’s violins she loves, let them play. Dedicate her favorite song, and hold her closer all night long. Love her today. Find one hundred ways.” ~from the song “One Hundred Ways” by Quincy Jones
Gentlemen, if you have a love in your life, I have something for you here that you might want to print out, fold up, and store in your wallet. (You might wait until the readers here add their comments and other ideas.)
And lest you feel slighted, I have a list of way for women to show him love in my next post, so please come back and add your thoughts.
The way I see it, a good and loving relationship is like a prized garden. If you want the flowers to grow and bloom, you must carefully tend to the garden every day.
You must place it in a sunny spot, water it daily, keep away predators, and pull the weeds. Even plants thrive with loving words and appreciation. Your relationship needs and deserves your attention every single day.
If you are a man over the age of 25, you’ve probably learned that women want expressions of your love beyond just saying those three magic words.
As Quincy Jones writes in his beautiful love song, “Love her today, Find one hundred ways.”
If you need some inspiration or ideas for showing your beloved how much you care, here are 100 ways to express your love to her.
1. Ask her directly what makes her happy. Listen, remember those things, and give them to her regularly without being asked.
2. Tell her she is beautiful and always will be in your eyes. Do this often.
3. Write a love note and leave it on her pillow.
4. If she’s a mother, remind her what a wonderful parent she is and how much you appreciate that.
5. Sit next to her when you are watching TV. Put your arm around her or hold her hand. Let her hold the remote.
6. Buy her some sexy lingerie, a bottle of champagne, and hire a babysitter to take the kids out for the evening if necessary.
7. Read out loud to her at night in bed from a book you both enjoy.
8. Handle one of her daily chores for her without being asked.
9. Listen when she needs to talk — without offering solutions.
10. Plan a weekend getaway to a romantic destination and handle all of the details including childcare.
11. Learn and apply healthy and mature relationship behaviors, especially when the going gets rough.
12. Bring her coffee or tea in bed in the morning.
13. Contact one of her best friends from out-of-town and arrange to have her visit for a weekend as a surprise.
14. Clean the house before the best friend arrives.
15. Talk about how wonderful and beautiful she is in front of her and a group of other people. Always speak highly of her in front of others.
16. Brush her hair.
17. Get tickets for the two of you to go to a show she will love, even though it might not be your favorite.
18. Slow dance with her at home for no reason.
19. Stop what you are doing if she needs to speak with you and give her your attention — or ask her to wait until you can give her your full attention.
20. Eat breakfast with her.
21. Ask her about the details of her day, her work, even some of the boring minutia.
22. Show genuine pride in even the smallest accomplishments.
23. Be silly with her. Find ways to make her laugh with you.
24. Solicit her input and ideas, even in areas that aren’t her expertise. Include her in decisions.
25. Ask her what she likes in bed and give it to her.
26. Tell her what you like in bed and ask her for it.
27. Show real intimacy and connection in bed through loving words, tenderness, and touch.
28. Be respectful to her parents and kind to her siblings.
29. Give her a back rub or foot rub without being asked.
30. If you have children, be a kind, loving, and active father.
31. If you are going to be late, call.
32. Take a bath or shower with her.
33. If she is sad, scared or insecure, hold her and tell her it will be OK and that you have faith in her.
34. Be an old-fashioned gentleman. Hold the door. Help her with her coat. Offer your seat.
35. Stay in shape. Take care of yourself.
36. Find a balance with your work and home life. Don’t let work take precedence over your relationships.
37. Go parking.
38. Take her for a long walk and just talk.
39. Create a scrapbook of photos and memento’s of your favorite occasions with her.
40. Take her to a photo booth and make crazy faces for the camera.
41. Go to an amusement park and ride a roller coaster together.
42. Find a secluded place where you can go skinny dipping.
43. Don’t sit and watch sports all day every Saturday. Turn of the TV and go do something fun with her.
44. Suggest enrolling in a fun class together — ballroom dancing, pottery, golf or tennis lessons.
45. Be patient when you are teaching her something new that she doesn’t understand.
46. Baked some cookies and bring her one fresh from the over with a glass of milk.
47. Take the initiative to invite friends over for dinner, and help prepare it and clean up after it.
48. Go for a his and her massage.
49. Rent an erotic video and watch it with her.
50. Manage your own stress so that your worries don’t impact your relationship. Figure out how to do this before you get overwhelmed.
51. Get up early with the kids and let her sleep in.
52. Make up the bed a few times a week.
53. Develop good male friendships and encourage her to spend time with her friends.
54. Don’t stonewall. Speak honestly and reveal yourself to her.
55. Apologize when you should.
56. Exercise together.
57. Invite her to create mutual goals and a vision for your life together.
58. Have a passion. It makes you more attractive.
59. Don’t flirt with other women, especially in front of her.
60. Allow her to do it her way, even if you think your way is better.
61. Write her a song and sing it to her.
62. Buy her something she admired in a store and surprise her with it.
63. Wrap it.
64. If you need her to stop doing something or to do something differently, ask her kindly without put-downs.
65. Have a dream together — for a great vacation, a new home, whatever. Plan and work toward it together.
66. Don’t make big purchases without consulting her.
67. Bring her a single red rose.
68. Put together a CD of her favorite songs to listen to in the car.
69. Get her car washed for her.
70. Reminisce with her about wonderful events and occasions from your past.
71. Be willing to try new things that she suggests.
72. Suggest new things yourself.
73. Invite her to a baseball or football game with you.
74. Remember her birthday, your anniversary, and Mother’s Day and do something special for her, even if it’s small.
75. Write down 100 reasons you love her and send it through the mail.
76. Paint her toenails.
77. Surprise her with a real adventure — a hot air balloon ride, a white water rafting trip, a snorkeling trip.
78. Go to a museum or art gallery with her.
79. Be creative with your sex life. Try something new, in a new place, at a different time.
80. Buy her a pair of beautiful dressy shoes.
81. Take her to a champagne brunch.
82. Say yes when you’d rather say no.
83. Learn to manage your anger if you have a problem.
84. Be appropriately generous with your friends and family. Pick up lunch or dinner on occasion.
85. Dress nicely. Pay attention to your appearance and hygiene.
86. Light candles.
87. Be the first to make up.
88. Put the lid down.
89. Turn off the TV and play some great music instead.
90. Call her once or twice a day just to say you are thinking about her.
91. Show interest in her ideas and interests.
92. Let it go sometimes. It’s probably not worth fighting about.
93. Have a beautiful photo taken of the kids or the two of you and give it to her framed.
94. Buy her a book by an author she loves.
95. Hold her hand in the movies and when you walk to and from the car.
96. On road trips, stop the car as soon as possible if she needs to go.
97. Initiate real communication and sharing with her regularly.
98. Be willing to be vulnerable with her.
99. Smile at her when you see her, the way you did when you first met.
100. Show her you love her in some small way every single day.
Whether you are a man or a woman, if you have some ideas for ways men can show love to their beloved, please share them in the comments section.