I love writing about personal development topics — it’s my passion! But I also love reading about them as well. So much of my inspiration for Live Bold and Bloom has come from great thinkers, great books, and many, many amazing personal development blogs.
One of the things I enjoy most about blogging is the supportive, interdependent nature of the business. Other bloggers aren’t your competition — they are your partners, cheerleaders, and friends along the journey. I have met so many wonderful, talented people through my work here at Live Bold and Bloom, and I am honored to partner with many of them on other blogging projects.
I’d like to share with you 25 of my favorite personal development blogs.These are in no particular order — so please check them all out.
1. Momentum Gathering – a beautifully simple and simply beautiful blog by my dear friend Katie Tallo who sees her blog “as a way to express myself, to explore bits and pieces of life I feel passionate about and to inspire momentum in the lives of others.” Her writing is exquisite.
2. Pick the Brain – a blog written by many guest writers and dedicated to self improvement with a focus on personal productivity, motivation, and self education. It’s one of the biggest personal development blogs on the net. Lots and lots of great articles.
3. The Change Blog – written by Peter Clemens, a father of two and a seasoned blogger, The Change Blog is all about helping people make positive change, highlighting the understanding that each of us is free to choose the direction of our life.
4. Goodlife Zen – my friend and partner Mary Jaksch offers practical inspiration for a happier life, focusing on great habits, creativity, spirituality, fitness, and mindfulness.
5. One With Now – written beautifully by the amazing Manal Ghosain, One With Now provides practical advice on how to become more aware of this moment and accept it without resistance, reducing mental and emotional clutter and creating more space in your life for what truly matters.
6. The One Question – If you are interested in finding the answer to the one question, “What should I do with my life?” — this is the blog to visit. You can take a free life purpose test and read many great articles on life purpose.
7. Marc and Angel Hack Life – This lovely husband and wife team enjoy sharing practical thoughts on a broad range of topics pertaining to life, hacks, productivity, aspirations, health, work, tech and general self improvement.
8. Change Your Thoughts – Steve Aitchison, the hunky Scotsman, shows he’s more than a pretty face with this thought-provoking blog about changing your thoughts, beliefs, and actions to create an amazing life.
9. The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin is the New York Times best-selling author of the book, The Happiness Project. Her blog is all about, you guessed it, finding happiness.
10. A Certain Simplicity – This blog is so delectable you want to eat it. Everything from the design, photos, to the elegant writing, is the work of artist, innkeeper, and lovely friend Diana Baur. Not to be missed.
11. Advanced Life Skills – writer Jonathan Wells is a certified personal and professional strategy coach who shares his career insights with practical, useful, and inspiring articles on all aspects of personal growth.
12. Zen Habits – Leo Babauta is one of the top 25 bloggers in the world (according to Time Magazine), but he’s mainly a really nice guy who writes beautiful, pithy posts about living simply, being healthy, and creating life-long positive habits.
13. The Bold Life – Tess Marshall and I share a similar blog name and philosophy. She writes about living fearlessly, connecting peacefully, and having a wild love affair with life.
14. My Super-Charged Life – Don’t you love the name? Jeff Nickles is a prolific writer about improving your life, growing your money, and finding your purpose and passion in life.
15. Make It Happen – London-based writer Arvind Devalia blogs about the possibility of discovering your deepest purpose, living a fully expressed life filled with peace, love, well-being, courage and integrity.
16. The Daily Brainstorm – A “blogazine” featuring the top bloggers on the net, including many listed here. Edited by yours truly. A great place to get all of your favorite blogs in one convenient location.
17. The Positivity Blog– Well-known self development blogger Henrik Edberg (of Sweden) writes beautiful articles on how to live more consciously, simplify your life, become happier, create new habits and replace some old habits with better ones, improve your self-discipline, and much more.
18. Trading Pounds – Blogging newcomer Stephanie Wetzel has made a big splash with her inspiring blog about weight loss, healthy habits, and self-esteem. Her story is truly amazing.
19. Optimistic Lifestyle – the name says it all. It’s dedicated to personal development, health care, lifestyle and career growth. It’s written by Roman Soluk who has dedicated his own life to optimistic living.
20. Think Simple Now – Blogger Tina Su strives to empower people to find inner clarity and personal happiness through simple, uplifting, and honest writing — and she has certainly succeeded. Her blog is lovely and has become one of the biggest personal growth blogs on the net.
21. Self Help Zone – This blog is a one-stop-shop for everything self-help. It’s a super-blog crammed with great info on every possible life betterment topic. If you can’t find it here, you won’t find it!
22. Everyday Bright – Written by Jennifer Gresham, an U.S. Air Force Academy grad, as well as an odd combination of PhD biochemist and award-winning poet, Everyday Bright is a blog focused on designing a career you love to enhance your life.
23. Dumb Little Man – Not so dumb, and not just for men. Writer and founder Jay White offers “a handful of tips that will save you money, increase your productivity, or simply keep you sane.”
24. The Self Improvement Blog – Another mega blog with articles, videos, quotes, and even a radio program, covering just about every personal development topic imaginable. A great resource.
25. Feelgooder – Another great blog from blogging guru Darren Rowse of Problogger fame. This blog is dedicated to creating daily content on topics like health, relationships, social good, work and finance—to help those who read (and write) it be informed and inspired in those areas. He features a variety of guest writers.
I am certain I’ve left off many fantastic personal development blogs — so if you have a favorite, please add it to the list. Or if you are a personal development blogger, feel free to share your blog with all of us here at Live Bold and Bloom.